3/4” or 1” cordless impacts

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Anyone have a 3/4” or 1” cordless impact and if so, do you like the one you have?
I’d like to retire my big air gun for a cordless to join my 1/2” cordless.

Last edited:
   / 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #2  
I have the Milwaukee 3/4 Fuel impact and really like it, but I only have it because everything else that I own that's battery powered is Milwaukee, I believe most any of the name brands could serve you well, meaning whatever battery powered tools and battery's that you already own, Milwaukee set the bar years ago with the Fuel brushless technology but the other name brands have caught up and are as good or better these days.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts
Saw DeWalt had a 3/4, but I have heard quite a few complain that the “pistol grip” style guns get tiresome to handle when they get heavy. They prefer a D handle or hanging handle type when they get bigger. Only Milwaukee has them that I have seen so far.
My 1/2” DeWalt feels fine, but I have reached its’ limit and my 3/4” & 1” sockets are looking for more work.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #4  
Friend has the 1” Milwaukee on his service truck. No air tools now. It is a beast.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #5  
I'm pretty sure I'd need help holding that thing. My aged grip and wrists have trouble with my 1/2" DeWalt. It only comes out on special occasions now. Bought another 1/4" hex driver in the stubby format. That thing rocks! Three speed variable too. :cool:

Anyway, I like talking tools. 🤣

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #6  
Have a brushless Makita 3/4 unit that has served me well. Nothing encountered yet that couldn't break loose. Already owned several Makita products and batteries so seemed the right way to go

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #7  
My aged grip and wrists have trouble with my 1/2" DeWalt.

Anyway, I like talking tools. 🤣
DeWalt torque wrenches are known to be bucking broncos, if it's a real issue, you might want to invest in a smoother brand, that means pretty much any other brand lol

DeWalt wrenches are kinda like a Harley, more vibration and sound with no gain in output

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #8  
One thing I will say about Milwaukee is that their customer service has been excellent, as I have only had 2 problems in about 15 years and both times they paid the shipping both ways and within 10 days had my tool repaired/replaced at no charge. Lastly I also wouldn't take my 3/4 or 1" pull handle and pipe cheater bar off the truck as there are things a battery powered impact won't break loose.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #9  
DeWalt torque wrenches are known to be bucking broncos, if it's a real issue, you might want to invest in a smoother brand,
That's because they have larger anvils and produce higher torque. Beats the $900+ Mularkey. Besides, I already had the batteries. Hands down, better there too. ;)

I'm not wrapping gifts with it. Vibration is secondary.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #10  
Back about 2005, I bought the old style set of Milwaukee cordless power tools. The V28 series they were called. Heavily built and also just plain heavy. Twice the heft of the modern Fuel series. They were beasts for torque compared to the modern Fuels. They were discontinued about 10 years ago, but all of mine are still going strong, and the batteries are still fine. I use them often. The Impact is a real brute.

But not I'm 20 years older and beginning to replace everything with the newer lighter weight 12 & 18 volt Milwaukees.
rScotty