3-point attachement point dimensions.

/ 3-point attachement point dimensions. #11  
Measure the vertical distance between the lower and upper link as mentioned gets you close.

To ge it to track level from the ground to the fully raised position you need the top link arm to be the same length as the lower arms.

Depending on the implement this may not allow enough ground clearance if you have to traverse hills or terrace rows.

Steve

/ 3-point attachement point dimensions. #12  
Measure the vertical distance between the lower and upper link as mentioned gets you close.

To ge it to track level from the ground to the fully raised position you need the top link arm to be the same length as the lower arms.

Depending on the implement this may not allow enough ground clearance if you have to traverse hills or terrace rows.

Steve

Yot are right...To track level with the ground.

But it don't matter how short the top link is, it will remain at the same angle throughout the raise...ie if the top link is shorter, the tail will be higher than the front when on the ground, say 10 degrees, when you go to full raise, it will still be 10 degrees.

On a side note, most top-links that I have seen will adjust far enough to be the same length as the lower arms. One exception to this that I have seen is on my dads JD 2040. It is cat 2 but the top link pin sizes are cat 1. It has really long lower arms so we compensated by angling the vertical peice that hooks to the top link, to keep the hitch level and raise level. See diagram

Attachments

• hitch.jpg
    hitch.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 310
   / 3-point attachement point dimensions. #13  
Yot are right...To track level with the ground.

But it don't matter how short the top link is, it will remain at the same angle throughout the raise...ie if the top link is shorter, the tail will be higher than the front when on the ground, say 10 degrees, when you go to full raise, it will still be 10 degrees.

On a side note, most top-links that I have seen will adjust far enough to be the same length as the lower arms. One exception to this that I have seen is on my dads JD 2040. It is cat 2 but the top link pin sizes are cat 1. It has really long lower arms so we compensated by angling the vertical peice that hooks to the top link, to keep the hitch level and raise level. See diagram

Hard to make this work when the top link and bottom links have different radius.

Hey the 2040 is a nice tractor with a good design.:)

Steve

/ 3-point attachement point dimensions. #14  
You are absolutly right. I don't know what I was thinking when I said that. However the change of angle is minimal as compaired to the top link and bottom arms having different angles and not being parallel.

An example: Bottom arms 24" top arm 18" and parallel 12" apart results in only a 10 degree change over a 45degree raise. Whereas top link being 24" as well but 12" apart at the trator and 18" at implement (off parallel at the implement by 6") would result in a 22.5 degree change.

But what I can tell you is on the 2040 the top link is shorter than the lower arms, but they are parallel. Going from full down to all the way raised, the hitch ball's angle change is not noticable.

There is nothing to worry about when dealing with cat 1 becaust the top link can adjust long enough to be the same length as the lower arms.