3 point back hoes

/ 3 point back hoes #31  
jgh, What you mean "90+ (that's heat and RH)". We had 94 this after on the thermometer without considering the RH. My neighbor with the air-conditioned John Deeres says the worst thing about them is that it's so miserable when he has to get out of that cab to fix something, grease implements, put new wrap in the baler, etc. And he says when an air-conditioner quits, you have to quit until it's fixed. He says, even with the doors open, you can't stand the heat of sun shining through that glass./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

And the attachment didn't work for me.

Bird

/ 3 point back hoes #32  
jgh-Our place is about 15 miles East of Dalonega. Smith House is well known in N. Georgia with many guest coming from Atlanta. Sounds like you have a great place.

MarkV

/ 3 point back hoes #33  
2000-06-27

Hey, Bird, that was each on those #s, so sounds like TX and VA have some of the same for now. I found out just how humid it was while sanding the paint out of the cat II hitch balls today to install the sleeves for cat I and changing the PTO shaft to get 540 instead of 1000. Seems like my dealer shoulda done those things for me.

Big time thunderbumpers cooled things a bit so the cycle can start anew.

One nice thing about New Blue is that both the front and rear windows open.

Sorry about the photo attachment. Muhammad tried to tell me how to do it a while back, but the file just won't transfer for me. Must be my Mac vs the TBN system. Worse than trying to send an attachment to an AOL subscriber.

Jim

/ 3 point back hoes #34  
Re: NH Photos

jgh,

So as not to dissapoint the folks that want to see some pictures, here's a picture of a little NH somewhere between 240 and 425 hp! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ 3 point back hoes #35  
jgh, You said it right; I misread it./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif And I know how hot that is; the first time I visited Mt. Vernon, I was riding a motorcycle and both temperature and humidity were 94 that day. I didn't stay long; went back a few weeks later.

Bird

/ 3 point back hoes #36  
Copied from another venue, this post seems to indicate the Green machines have their 3ph backhoe problems as well.

Re: JD Warranty [ Compact Tractor Message Board ]

Posted by Skillet Licker on December 28, 1998 at 01:55:30:

In Reply to: Re: JD Warranty posted by Kubota Man on December 28, 1998 at 00:28:38:

There was an interesting thread on the Machinery Forum this past spring concerning the subject of a new John Deere 4100
with a dealer installed Woods 3 pt back-hoe breaking the rear differental housing and twisting the lift arm mounts beyond
reasonable repair . The poster was really distraught(as he should have been)and claimed the dealer had not informed of
the Deere 4100's inablility to make use of the Woods back-hoe they had sold him with the tractor.I forget whice model of
Woods they installed,but if the dealer put it on,I would expect it would been a proper size for this tractor... If remember
correctly he also claimed he only used this set-up on 4 separate occasions and the last one was when the differental
housing broke and the lower lift arms contorted under the torque of the digging action..All of this was a posted by a guy
who also claimed the have owned at least 12 compact tractors of various makes and models and stated this was a first in
his experience as a landscape contractor..He complained the dealer he'd bought it from was kind of jerking him around for
a while,stalling and not wanting to do the work,(in whice the repair bill would have been covered by the factory)....Finally
after much complaining,and many phone calls, a Deere factory rep became involved and in the end Deere and company
bought back the 4100 and the Woods back-hoe as well..
I don't have a clue as to what the factory stance is on the subject, and I'm not taking sides in this thread...But I have looked
at both the 4100 and 4200 side by side..And there is no way I would ever attempt to mount a back-hoe on the 4100 without
a subframe installed..The 4200 on the other hand was really well designed in the lower lift mounting pin area of the 3 pt
hitch..compared to the 4100..I'd say it got twice the R&D.

just my 2 cents on this subject.

Skillet