3 point blower vs. hydraulic front loader mounted blower

/ 3 point blower vs. hydraulic front loader mounted blower #24  
As I wrote, I never priced one...but thought it was in the $7K-$8K range. The FEL mounted units (with the PTO driven hydraulic pump) are about twice that.

Not so Roy they are about the same.

/ 3 point blower vs. hydraulic front loader mounted blower #25  
I have a 3PH blower and I admit that my neck and back pay a price for that setup.

BUT.... it allows me to keep my FEL on the tractor. It's come in handy when I have been "stuck" on occasion and I can make use of it in conjunction with the Blower.

Now all I need is a CAB with HEAT !!!!!!

Last edited:
   / 3 point blower vs. hydraulic front loader mounted blower #26  
I have a 3PH blower and I admit that my neck and back pay a price for that setup.

BUT.... it allows me to keep my FEL on the trac tor. It's come in handy when I have been "stuck" on occasion and I can make use of it in conjunction with the Blower.

Now all I need is a CAB with HEAT !!!!!!

I think I have the best of both worlds. I just bought a pull type snowblower. I'll be keeping my bucket and still driving forward. It's new new, so we'll see how it works this winter.

/ 3 point blower vs. hydraulic front loader mounted blower #27  
I've heard of those "Pull" blowers.

Only problem for me is I only have a B2150, so it's not a huge tractor.

If the snow got too deep, I could never drive thru it to allow me to pull the blower.

With a larger machine, it could go thru the deeper stuff.

/ 3 point blower vs. hydraulic front loader mounted blower #28  
kiotiken said:
I think I have the best of both worlds. I just bought a pull type snowblower. I'll be keeping my bucket and still driving forward. It's new new, so we'll see how it works this winter.

Please let me know how you like that after a few uses! I agree that the pull type are the best of both worlds as well, although I've never used any type.
What kind did you get? I have been looking more and mor at those and decided that when I'm ready to buy, it will be a pull type.

/ 3 point blower vs. hydraulic front loader mounted blower #29  
Please let me know how you like that after a few uses! I agree that the pull type are the best of both worlds as well, although I've never used any type.
What kind did you get? I have been looking more and mor at those and decided that when I'm ready to buy, it will be a pull type.

After years of searching, I finally found the perfect one at a good price. It's made by Roberge, it's 74" and very heavy duty commercial grade. The Kubota L4330 that lifted it into my trailer could lift it but not curl it, so it's very heavy. I need 2 more remotes (3 total) for the chute deflection and rear scraper blade. I'm excited about it, but we'll see how it goes.

/ 3 point blower vs. hydraulic front loader mounted blower #30  
Blowing snow either forward or in reverse is slower than plowing snow. We are treated to storms off the Bay of Fundy here and the snow is not always good for blowing. I would rather push the wet heavy snow or even the light fluffy stuff. I have a angle blade on front and 3 point blower on back. More traction is what I could use. Now you have me wanting snow.:thumbsup: