3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations?

/ 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations?
I think I am going to go with the Woodland Mills WC68. It looks like a pretty good unit for the cost, plus free delivery.

I appreciate the recommendations!

/ 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations? #12  
I recommend you use the search tool on this forum. there is lots of great information out there.

just recently I wrote a in depth review of the Woodland Mills WC68.

/ 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations? #13  
My cheapo chinese 8" chipper seems to have a built in coffee break timer. Something breaks down/plugs up every 15 minutes like clockwork.

Mine came with a mechanical belt drive feeder. Avoid these like the plague. It's now hydraulically driven and more reliable.

It's almost like building my own machine from scratch now. Funny part is that the machine was cheaper than me buying the raw metal and fabbing it up myself. I'm starting to think that would have been faster to build it from scratch vs the repairs/mods time.

Bottom line - get hydraulic infeed, swivel chute turner, and have the machine demonstrated how easy it is to pull off the shields to un-clog the chipper - in the field. Single point greasing without removing all the shields would be handy too.

/ 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations? #14  
Looks like you made a decision.
My two cents worth is:
Everyone here always recommends the Wallenstein but I would say look at the Salsco chipper line. They are fantastic. I have had mine for 11 years now and it is great. Not cheap but worth every penny.

As to the DR line. Not familiar with their chipper but 8 years ago tried their DR brush cutter (their largest unit) for a week. Returned it under their program. Had to pay the shipping but it was the best decision to get rid of that POS I have made in a long time. It colored my opinion of all DR equipment if their best and signature line was that worthless. I would stay away at all costs from anything DR builds as a result. Just my opinion and experience with the line/ Your results may vary.

/ 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations? #15  
I checked the Salsco chippers. Look like good units. Only problem - the dealer for WA state is in Connecticut. The dealer for my Wally is 20 miles away.

I was going to try one of those DR driveway levelers - until I saw one up close. Make it about 1500# heavier and it could work.

/ 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations? #16  
I checked the Salsco chippers. Look like good units. Only problem - the dealer for WA state is in Connecticut. The dealer for my Wally is 20 miles away.

You are on the other side (east) of the state I know but my dealer was only about 12 miles away. Washington Tractors (at the time was Sumner tractors) Same dealer that sold me my JD tractor. Maybe things have changed since I bought mine back in 07. Might have to check on that.

/ 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations? #18  
Well - the Salsco web site leaves a little to be desired on it dealer search program. There HAS GOT TO be dealers west of the Mississippi.

/ 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations? #19  
   / 3-point Chipper and shredder recommendations? #20  
Woodmaxx is pretty clear about the 8H and 8M chippers being designed by them in the US and made in China. Woodland Mills does the same thing.
Woodmaxx also has some made in the US machines.