3-point height control lever precision

/ 3-point height control lever precision #1  

Han Solo

Tractor
Kioti CK30
I am getting annoyed with my CK30 3-point lever. Instead of a smooth, even adjustment, when I move the lever (in either direction), I get nothing, nothing, nothing, everything. This is mostly not a problem, as it's usually full-down or full-up that I want, but trying to be precise about the height is just about impossible.

Hydraulic levels are correct, and this happens whether warm or cold. Is this a typical Kioti thing, is there an adjustment I can make, or is there a Bad Thing happening?

/ 3-point height control lever precision #2  
Does your tractor have draft control? It sounds like you are moving the draft lever rather than the position control lever

/ 3-point height control lever precision #4  
On my LS the draft control lever position definitely has an influence on the 3 point lever operation

/ 3-point height control lever precision
No draft control, but there is a speed control which I have never touched. I will experiment with it, but I feel like the issue is not how fast the 3-point moves, but when it starts to move relative to the lever input. I can move the lever almost all the way forward (or back) before the blade moves at all, so instead of having small movements from say 1 through 7, I get no movement until 7 and then the full range of movement has to be managed within an inch or two of lever travel, which is difficult and irritating, especially when doing something more delicate like plowing gravel or spreading soil.

/ 3-point height control lever precision #6  
I have the same issue with my tractor. Case IH 585, it is very annoying with hay spear and scrape blade. Draft position doesnt make a difference except making the lift go annoyingly slow. In my tractor there are adjustments that can be made by tearing into the rear end, hopefully it will help if I ever get around to it.

Anyways good luck with your similar situation lol.

/ 3-point height control lever precision #7  
No draft control, but there is a speed control which I have never touched. I will experiment with it, but I feel like the issue is not how fast the 3-point moves, but when it starts to move relative to the lever input. I can move the lever almost all the way forward (or back) before the blade moves at all, so instead of having small movements from say 1 through 7, I get no movement until 7 and then the full range of movement has to be managed within an inch or two of lever travel, which is difficult and irritating, especially when doing something more delicate like plowing gravel or spreading soil.
Yes, not a speed control issue. So I found this on another TBN post which I have included the link. The poster's problem was a little different so I highlighted the section that sounds like it applies to your problem.

"The MLS valve serves 2 purposes, both based off the load it "senses" on the 3pt. Thus "load sensing". First purpose is control rate of drop based on the load and desired drop speed - turn the knob to faster or slower to control to operator's preference. The second adjustment is neutral "band width", amount of movement/drop allowed before self-correcting. This adjustment is the Allen screw with jam nut just below were the drop speed knob connects. Here is adjustment steps for CK25-35: 1 - put 800 lb. on 3pt. 2 - Set postion lever to mid-height. 3- start engine and run at about 1500 RPM (1/2 throttle). 4- Loosen jam nut and turn screw in clockwise until 3pt starts to bounce, turn back counter-clockwise until 3pt load stops bouncing then turn additional 1/4 turn, lock jam nut."

/ 3-point height control lever precision
Yes, not a speed control issue. So I found this on another TBN post which I have included the link. The poster's problem was a little different so I highlighted the section that sounds like it applies to your problem.

"The MLS valve serves 2 purposes, both based off the load it "senses" on the 3pt. Thus "load sensing". First purpose is control rate of drop based on the load and desired drop speed - turn the knob to faster or slower to control to operator's preference. The second adjustment is neutral "band width", amount of movement/drop allowed before self-correcting. This adjustment is the Allen screw with jam nut just below were the drop speed knob connects. Here is adjustment steps for CK25-35: 1 - put 800 lb. on 3pt. 2 - Set postion lever to mid-height. 3- start engine and run at about 1500 RPM (1/2 throttle). 4- Loosen jam nut and turn screw in clockwise until 3pt starts to bounce, turn back counter-clockwise until 3pt load stops bouncing then turn additional 1/4 turn, lock jam nut."

This might be useful - thank you. I'll try the adjustment and where it gets me.