3 point hitch - general question

/ 3 point hitch - general question
OK, some news.

I was mowing too low. I set the blade height to 5-6", and it really tears through the heavy brush and small trees now.

Other issues: I had the rear of the brush hog too high. It was more like 3" higher than the front. I brought it down closer to level, but still higher than the front.

Also: Throttle lever IS moving! Suggesting trying to set it to 2400rpm was brilliant, as I could clearly see it move.
setting ut to 2000, it slowly moves down and seems to settle in around 1400 eventually.

I'll open a new thread about that. I have a replacement throttle fiber washer but have no idea how to replace and adjust.

You guys are the best!

/ 3 point hitch - general question #22  
Maybe, but it just seems to be bogging down a lot more than the first few years I owned it. I cut in 4th gear mostly, and that hasn't changed. I know that a brush hot is not supposed to cut clean, so I'm not thinking It's blade sharpening. Gearbox looks OK, oil level OK. We have a LOT of dense weeds and a few fields that I cannot reach if the ground has been wet...so we may only mow some of our fields 1-2x/year. By that time, there are some 1/2" trees and some other woody plants that are pushing 6'.

I did lower the center link to the middle hole, and that seems to help a lot.

I will look to replace the center link, or at least repair the one I have. I may be able to chase the threads and get it working properly.

Am I correct to believe that the rear of the brushhog should be 3-4" higher than the front? To allow grass to be thrown rearward, and not just pulled along under the brushhog?
I had not done oil/filter change on my tractor in 18 months. I was no where near the number of hours the book says to do it, but I generally do it once a year regardless of hours (or at the hours if I hit them). I was having the thing bog down more than it used to.

Changed the oil which included oil filter, hydro filters (but not complete fluid change), air filter and fuel filter. Also found the muffler was loose and mostly disconnected, basically running a straight pipe. Fixing all that up and she runs MUCH MUCH better and does not bog any more.... well until I push her to what I know will cause it to bog.

So if you have not changed all your filters recently may be time to do so.

/ 3 point hitch - general question #23  
The only reason for a top link on a mower is to raise it off the ground. The top link should not be fixed when mowing. In fact, you'd be better off just removing the top link when mowing to allow for uneven ground. The photo below is how most mowers are made for the top link to flex to allow for uneven ground.
9C61E8D4-DFCD-453A-A96D-F1AE11FA2627.jpeg
how