3-point hitch lifiting boom

/ 3-point hitch lifiting boom #11  
Is that Johnson a K35 by chance?

/ 3-point hitch lifiting boom
Is that Johnson a K35 by chance?

Just a late 40's PO-15

I have about a dozen of 'em, including (2) WWII surplus "assault boat" versions.

And at least a half dozen of the similar sized, but totally different, Evinrude Speeditwins.

And a whole bunch of others.

Used to be real heavy into antique outboards but not so much anymore.

Here is a Po-15 on an old Crestliner I used to own. Blew-up the PO several years ago, and
sold the boat not long after:
Crestliner with PO-15.jpg

/ 3-point hitch lifiting boom #14  
I don't do anything with one yet, I don't have one :)
I'd find a use for it.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. I have some left over 4x3x.25 tube steel.

I am also considering using it for a SSQA boom instead, so I could hoist trusses with the skid loader. If I ever get to do that. :)

/ 3-point hitch lifiting boom #15  
Built a ssqa to three point adapter, that way you can use boom pole on either end of tractor. Also you will find many other uses for the adapter too, that's what I did, I'm always using the adapter now. Also works good to load and unload attachments from a truck or trailer.

/ 3-point hitch lifiting boom #16  
That looks interesting but I'm afraid I'd bend the cross drawbar.

Plus the HF crane can pivot.

/edit - anybody know the strength of the cross drawbars? My M4700 3 pt is rated at 2 tons, my B7610 at about 1300 lbs. The crane at 1,000 lbs. Will a cross drawbar hold 1,000 lbs?

I had meant DRAW BAR, don't know why I typed "hitch bar".
Anyway, I hadn't thought it through completely... I was just musing.
If I do this I will most likely put the DRAW BAR "on edge", quite possibly using a couple of square U bolts.

BTW, it isn't easy to lower anything onto studs with an engine crane.
I have only been able to get fine let-down by discarding the jack handle end and using visegrips on the valve, even then it takes a steady hand to open that valve just a TINY bit.

Fairly sure my engine crane doesn't swing, I've used it for changing ~1,000 lb loaded tires and it has never threatened to "get away from me".

Markings on my engine crane are for up to 2 tons with the boom fully retracted, 1/2 ton fully extended. so it can take the weight, just not the leverage.
It is more about where the load is relative to the center of support than how much it is supporting.
================================================
I just held up a Cat 1 draw bar to my engine crane to do a bit of eyeballing.
I hadn't thought of taking the crane apart and putting it ON the draw bar as olllotj has done.
I would like to have it as "Standard" as possible so that I either use it on the tractor OR use it as sold.
The legs fold up, as most of these portable cranes do - those would have to be taken off, a pin each, or they would get in the way when folded.

I think leaving the base on and mounting the bar on the column would make it easier to hook up than olllotj's set up, i.e. it would be free standing for me to back up to and hook up like any other "implement".

Last edited: