Snow 3 point hitch mount vs front snow blower mount

/ 3 point hitch mount vs front snow blower mount #31  
I got a 3pt blower 10/19. I can understand the neck issue, I've certainly felt it after a few hours. But for me it came down to cost. My BX is already 17 years old. The front blower, quick hitch, and driveshaft are all proprietary and my resale market pretty darn small. So for the extra $1500 and a smaller resale market, I went 3pt. I am looking at a 2-camera 9" screen backup camera for long term relief, but haven't gone there yet.

One of my neighbors hires a local farmer to do her driveway. He has runs a CaseIH 10 times the size of my BX with an inverted blower. For a farmyard or long gravel driveway, I'm sure it would be awesome. But for her steep concrete driveway, it's awful. He leaves inch deep ag tire lug marks in the ice. I could barely walk up her driveway. Also, he's not very prompt, so she's very happy when I have time to go do her driveway and leave it way cleaner.

/ 3 point hitch mount vs front snow blower mount #32  
One of my neighbors hires a local farmer to do her driveway. He has runs a CaseIH 10 times the size of my BX with an inverted blower. For a farmyard or long gravel driveway, I'm sure it would be awesome. But for her steep concrete driveway, it's awful. He leaves inch deep ag tire lug marks in the ice. I could barely walk up her driveway. Also, he's not very prompt, so she's very happy when I have time to go do her driveway and leave it way cleaner.
I'll bet that farmer is also appreciative of you cleaning up the neighbor's driveway. I suspect he keeps the blower adjusted off the ground because he does gravel driveways.
I kind of have the opposite problem where I have neighbors butchering driveways that I plow.

/ 3 point hitch mount vs front snow blower mount #33  
i have a thought about the uncomfortable backing up problem. How about installing a back up camera on the tractor. I see on the net they aren't too expensive(120$) and some have a 7 inch screen. Wireless, 1080p and digital. I could face forward, back up and watch the monitor. No sore neck. I'm excited.
I did just that a few years back and wrote it up on TBN.
It is a cool inexpensive 'fix' for those that hate the stiff neck syndrome.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll add a caution.
My cut is not very heavy and when there is wet 'snow ball' snow driving forwards makes for a very rough ride as the wheels can't make contact with the road bed*.
Otherwise said, you want a LOT of tractor weight to operate a pull blower in all snow conditions, especially wet sticky snow.

*and the wider the tires, the worst the 'float'.

Last edited:
   / 3 point hitch mount vs front snow blower mount #34