3-Point Hitch Problems

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #21  
That seems like an inconvenient form of sway control. You may want to fab something like this with a pin adjustment.:thumbsup:
swayarm.JPG

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #23  
Glad you got that figured out. Looking at those turnbuckles...I don't think I would like them, either.?? Do they "dangle" when you have them loose.??...I think Not.??

Like I said before, my carry-all is a bugger to hook up. Part of the reason is that once you install your planking of wood it leaves no space for the 3pt. arms to go back beyond the pins. I know, it's hard to explain.....

In your last series of photos look at the first frame. Look at how your 3pt. arm (the very end) is flush to the frame of your carry-all. Now, imagine your carry-all with the wood in place. The arm is going to collide with the wood, leaving no wiggle room to hook up.

The thought just came to me to leave a void in the wood where the pins are.

Does anyone understand.??:laughing:

My carry-all is the lightest attachment I have and it is the worst gosh darn hook up that gets to swearing everytime. I'd rather hook up my snowblower, as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Kyle, it is important to understand the turnbuckles. When you get a heavier attachment on there you'll want to be certain that the attachment will not "sway" into your tires. A bit of sway is good in most cases, but keep it to a minimum....say no more than 2 or 3 inches of sway. (or less).

Soo much to learn. I'm right there with ya.:D

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
Glad you got that figured out. Looking at those turnbuckles...I don't think I would like them, either.?? Do they "dangle" when you have them loose.??...I think Not.??

Like I said before, my carry-all is a bugger to hook up. Part of the reason is that once you install your planking of wood it leaves no space for the 3pt. arms to go back beyond the pins. I know, it's hard to explain.....

In your last series of photos look at the first frame. Look at how your 3pt. arm (the very end) is flush to the frame of your carry-all. Now, imagine your carry-all with the wood in place. The arm is going to collide with the wood, leaving no wiggle room to hook up.

The thought just came to me to leave a void in the wood where the pins are.

Does anyone understand.??:laughing:

My carry-all is the lightest attachment I have and it is the worst gosh darn hook up that gets to swearing everytime. I'd rather hook up my snowblower, as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Kyle, it is important to understand the turnbuckles. When you get a heavier attachment on there you'll want to be certain that the attachment will not "sway" into your tires. A bit of sway is good in most cases, but keep it to a minimum....say no more than 2 or 3 inches of sway. (or less).

Soo much to learn. I'm right there with ya.:D

The turnbuckles do not dangle, they are rigid. When I was taking the pictures I was thinking the same thing about there not being any room to hook up the lift arms...About it swaying, I watched a video earlier and the guy explained all about the swaying...

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
JDGreenGrass, I was just thinking...What do you think of just putting a piece of plywood on the back of the carryall (just the width of the frame)...Do you think that will help with hooking it up???

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #28  
All of the above is the exact reason I went with a quick hitch. Even if I have to adapt some of the "non i-Match compatible" implements, once that is done, I never have to screw around with this stuff any more.

Something to think about.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #29  
This is what I did. I hate the turnbuckles. I'm making the adjustable side links now.

Attachments

• IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 1,710
   / 3-Point Hitch Problems #30  
I'd say it's time the OP considered a Quick-Hitch, and use cotter-rings instead of the various pins mentioned. Check out McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster.com and search for cotter rings.