3 point hitch wont decline

/ 3 point hitch wont decline #1  

danburt

Tractor
Branson 4020
I am a new tractor owner having bought a branson 4020 two months ago. but today i hooked up my rotary cutter to the 3 pt hitch and after i raised the unit and travelled to the field the 3 point hitch would not decline (only very slowly by gravity). i am very new to tractors and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance Daniel Burt

/ 3 point hitch wont decline #2  
Tractor should have a knob or lever somewhere around 3pt lever & seat. This knob determines speed of 3pt motion. Sounds like it's closed off.

Have fun.

/ 3 point hitch wont decline #3  
Barry is onto it. There is a knob on the panel between the seat and the floor that turns one way to open and the other to close. It controls the rate of descent of the three-point. Sometimes kids will turn the knob in a little (or a lot) and the next time dad gets on the tractor he has trouble.

/ 3 point hitch wont decline #4  
barry is most likely right. I gone out on a few service calls just to open the valve a little bit.

/ 3 point hitch wont decline #5  
yep, look for a knob under the seat, and turn it in the direction the arrows indicate. That controls the speed of the 3 pt.

anthony

/ 3 point hitch wont decline #6  
One other possibility that I have seen a couple times on Bransons and on an Iseki: If you open the valve and the three-point still won't decline, then unhook the implement, put the three-point lever all the way down and shut off the tractor. Then go to the back and lift up on the arms a few inches and slam them down sharply. If the pressure relief valve is stuck, you will hear a click and the arms will work correctly.