3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch won't lift

/ 3 point hitch won't lift #91  
Hey JC, do you know of a good source for front rims for the 1700? Tire size is 5x15 6 lug pattern. The holes where the valve stem comes through is rusted and jagged. Tubes have been installed long ago before I got the tractor. But now the tires need to be replaced, and I sure would like a new set of rims. I might be able to have that hole welded up and just drill a new one for the valve stem. Did these rims originally come as tubless tires? Thanks

Hey Tex,

Actually, I looked around for a good source and was not able to locate one. I was able to find an outfit here in kansas that actually fabricated a rime but they were prohibitively expensive. I was planning to get a a set of Ag as I have turf tires. I you have FWA then you need to be careful with the circumference of tire/rim combination to avoid damage to the drive system. If you have two wheel drive any thing close to existing radius with same bolt pattern should work. I do not know if the original set up was tubeless... probably not. I'd probably fond some plate and weld it up to stiffen the whole thing and poke holes where i need,

Jc,

/ 3 point hitch won't lift #92  
Yea JC, its a 2 wheel drive so any rim I find close should work. That 6 lug bolt pattern is odd though and I havent found any yet, other than the factory replacement part which costs around 160.00 each, ouch! Just for giggles here's a picture of the condition of my piston seal.....lol

Attachments

• DSCF0071.JPG
    DSCF0071.JPG
    609.5 KB · Views: 191
   / 3 point hitch won't lift #93  
Yea JC, its a 2 wheel drive so any rim I find close should work. That 6 lug bolt pattern is odd though and I havent found any yet, other than the factory replacement part which costs around 160.00 each, ouch! Just for giggles here's a picture of the condition of my piston seal.....lol

Wow it's amazing.Mine looked a heck of a lot better,:D lol

JC,

Ps. One good thing is that the same exact piston seal is used on several newer NH TC, series as well, can not remember exactly which one, so future availability is of no concern.

dsc04334yd7.jpg

/ 3 point hitch won't lift #94  
lol, well I have abused mine slightly. My 5 foot box blade is way to heavy for this tractor. And the 5 ft brush hog is pretty heayy too. It pulls those attachments no problem when they are on the ground, but when lifting the box blade it strains the hydraulics. The brush hog doesnt really strain it that much, its just a long attachment and it gets alittle bouncy. I'll be hooking the brush hog this weekend and see how the new seal works.