3 point isn't working on 790 John Deere tractor....

/ 3 point isn't working on 790 John Deere tractor.... #1  

MTWarEagle00

Tractor
John Deere 790
Need some help in figuring out why my front loader will work, however not at strongly and will lower without contant monitoring, while 3 point will not go up or down....changed filter, not leaking hydralic fluid....any suggestions? Thank you, JMS

/ 3 point isn't working on 790 John Deere tractor.... #2  
Did it work before changing the hyd fluid? Did you take out the hyd fluid screen and clean and replace it...

/ 3 point isn't working on 790 John Deere tractor.... #3  
Did you clean the suction screen along with the filter?

How is power steering, week or turn the tires with one finger easily?

Is the hydraulic fluid level correct?

Love my 790. Owned it since new in '07. There simplicity makes them easy to troubleshoot.

/ 3 point isn't working on 790 John Deere tractor....
Did it work before changing the hyd fluid? Did you take out the hyd fluid screen and clean and replace it...
yes, it was working well...pulled valve and checked, then put in new hydraulic fuild...three point simply doesn't respond, not sure if line is pluged somewhere? not leaking fluid, front bucket works but seems to leak pressure by after a bit...mostly a whole other issue.

Did you clean the suction screen along with the filter?

How is power steering, week or turn the tires with one finger easily?

Is the hydraulic fluid level correct?

Love my 790. Owned it since new in '07. There simplicity makes them easy to troubleshoot.

I believe we did and steering is great, strong and easy. fluid levels are correct, just wondered if something may be plugged. This is a 2011, that had not been used in 8-10 years. I bought it and changed all the fluids and it started like it was new, had 100 hours on it. So not sure after using it last summer, it decided to stop working. I'll double check screen/filter and anything else. Just hoping it was a quick and easy fix that I could do...no fluid leaks, starts right up. Great little tractor. Thank you. JMS

/ 3 point isn't working on 790 John Deere tractor.... #7  
Did you check the adjustment knob below the seat? Make sure its open at least half way...

/ 3 point isn't working on 790 John Deere tractor.... #8  
Did you check the adjustment knob below the seat? Make sure its open at least half way...
That happened to me one time when I owned a 790. Took me about 15 minutes to figure out why the 3 point wouldn't work.