3 point landscapeing rake

/ 3 point landscapeing rake #1  

deerseeker001

Tractor
International 2500a with Loader
this is my new project,landscapeing rake.took cutting edge off and took .3/8 steel and welded rebar.i just need it for small rocks.

Attachments

• 000_0114.jpg
    000_0114.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 1,093
   / 3 point landscapeing rake #2  
Looks like that'll work, can you reverse it and have a straight edge too?

/ 3 point landscapeing rake
when iam done with the landscapeing all i have to do is unbolt it and put my cutting edge back on and i have my backblade back.

/ 3 point landscapeing rake #4  
this is my new project,landscapeing rake.took cutting edge off and took .3/8 steel and welded rebar.i just need it for small rocks.

Cool, the only issue is rebar does not provide spring action and easily bent. It will work if you are moving crushed rock and don't hit a big rock. It is cheap and easy to replace tines(aka, rebar). Good idea:) I do use rebar alot to make stuff.

JC,

thanks,i have the area where the new lawn is going in quack dug and there is alot of little rock so i am going to take the third arm on the 3 point and set it so we are just skimming the surface to drag the small stones in a pile and pick up with the fel.update i used it for the first time today and it beat my expectations,it worked great.

Last edited:
update i tried the lawn rake today and it beat my expectations,did a fantastic job.i did hit some big rocks and bent a few but will straighten out with a little heat.

/ 3 point landscapeing rake #7  
update i tried the lawn rake today and it beat my expectations,did a fantastic job.i did hit some big rocks and bent a few but will straighten out with a little heat.

good. heat will soften the metal even more, may be quenching with water will harden it some. you can use a piece of 3/4" pipe inserted over the rebar to bend it back.

JC,

yes the 3/8 steel plate unbolts and put your cutting edge back on and you ready to go

/ 3 point landscapeing rake #9  
Nicely done ! Looks like a handy device to have around. I often wondered if somebody manufactured a Rake/Rear Blade interchangeable combo unit. Great idea.