3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22

/ 3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22 #11  
Seems like there’s a lot going on with that linkage based on the parts diagram. Lots of areas to bind up.

Attachments

• Illustration_04_04_2024.pdf
    92.7 KB · Views: 56
   / 3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22 #12  
IMG_0265.png

/ 3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22
There shouldn't be much force needed, well below the pressure for the bending of the control levers. When you try maneuvering the lever. The 3 point hitch moves when you control it?

I would take the arms off and straighten them. Make sure they don't rub on a shroud. On my 3510 the control arms are held on with a pin and an 8mm screw. Next Start unbolting the U frame mount. At some point it should be apparent at what is binding

Perhaps there is corrosion in the bushing there.

Next time something starts going wrong, some friendly advice, do the preventative maintenance before it gets tore up.
Yes, the 3 point hitch moves when I do successfully move the lever.

I'd be happy to know what preventative maintenance should have been done that would have prevented this.

/ 3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22 #15  
Don’t have a clue. As I said lot going on with that linkage and areas that can bind. I mean it goes through the case connects to another link, which connects to another shaft that goes back into the case. Think I’d try loosening that nut and the set screw on lever 10. That should tell you whether it’s the main shaft connected to the handle or the secondary linkage is binding

/ 3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22 #16  
this may work or not ...same but different..when my 2538 binds up with hard or no shift ....stop on level ground- lift front tires with front attachment about 1ft.-then shift out.

Just wanted to update you all and tell you that I've fixed it! Just needed lots of lubrication in the right spot. Pin 5 in the diagram was the problem, just kept moving the lever and lubricating there and over and over and now it moves with just a touch of a pinky!

/ 3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22 #18  
Glad you worked it out

/ 3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22 #19  
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure what the shifting axle is - honestly, this is the first time I've ever had the seat cover off so I'm not really sure what I'm looking at yet! But yes, it does seem out of place. It's attached to the rod that seems to be the same rod the 3 pt lever is attached to.

The round knob has been full-open for as long as I can remember. I did play with it yesterday to see if it would make any difference in how the lever acted and no difference. I've seen some videos where that fixed other people's 3 pt issues, but their issues were not a hard-to-push lever, it was just that the lever didn't do anything.

I'll see if my dealer is willing to support via email/phone. I'm hoping I don't have to bring it in because it'll be a month+ wait to get it looked at. :(
On my Case IH and my Kubota they both have something that looks like a piece of brake lining under the nut that the posts are talking about. My case IH has the same thing on my hand speed control which I don't use very often and it gets tight like you are dealing with. Had to loosen the nut and spray it with WD-40. I would guess you have not used your three point on a regular basis. I have also found that if my tractor sit out in the rain for a while the controls get hard to move.

/ 3 point lever really hard to move, and I bent it - 2014 Mahindra Max 22 #20  
I am curious too - the last picture shows a thin metal plate with two holes in it just about in the center of the picture. It's lose, can "twang" it by pulling it and letting it go. What's the purpose of this plate? Is it supposed to be attached to the top of the metal block below it? Looks like there's a bolt hole that probably aligns with it. But what's the purpose of it?
I also had that plate come loose and the bolts were lost. While I didn’t have your problem, my plate wasn’t as offset as yours. This plate anchors the low/high group gear position on my Mahindra Max24. If it were more out of alignment, that handle wouldn’t move either. The attached photo was a temp fix using longer bolts and a nut to lock it down.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27