Backhoe 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota #1  

fraserfir

Tractor
B2650 kubota
I now own a B2650 tractor with backhoe and front end loader. When you hook up the backhoe to the B2650 tractor at what position should the hydraulic 3 point lift lever be in when you use it ? Up or down ? The manual says you could blow the seals in the backhoe if you put it in the wrong position. Could you share your knowledge of input on this subject. I would like to make sure I do not blow the seals. Thanks very much for your
input of help. Pete

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota #2  
If it's the same as my B3300 (and I would think it is) it should be in the 3 point lowered position and it's a good idea to somehow lock the lever there. In the lowered position and the lever left there, the 3 point can float but more important, there is no pressure in the 3 point lift ram.

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota #3  
When I had a 2620 there was a metal plate that when used properly did not allow any movement of the tph lift mechanism. Suggest you see about getting same to ensure that you don't inadvertently allow lever to be moved. Manual covers this in good detail as well.

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota #4  
I have had the same question. On the BX25/B2620/B3200 there was a statement in the owners manual to have the 3ph control in the fully lowered position.
The B2650 has position control, and the others had 1/4 inching. I don't know how this affects the backhoe, I put the 3ph control in the lowest position.
Is the position control separated from the hydraulic system and the 1/4 inching valve is not?:confused3:

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota
If it's the same as my B3300 (and I would think it is) it should be in the 3 point lowered position and it's a good idea to somehow lock the lever there. In the lowered position and the lever left there, the 3 point can float but more important, there is no pressure in the 3 point lift ram.

Thanks for your help on this subject. I take it that the oil leaving the backhoe hydraulic control bock would then go to the TPH cylinder if it is in the raised position instead of going back to sump therefor causing excessive back pressure on on the backhoe control block thus causing it to leak. Do you agree whith this Thanks Again

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota #6  
I own the same tractor but, also have the MMM deck. When you install the backhoe with the MMM installed, you need to raise the 3PT hitch to the full up position so you can pin the MMM in the full up position. I then lock the 1/4" valve shut so the 3PT hitch does not go up or down. I know that is different than some of the other responses but, there is no other way to do it with the MMM and would assume the same would hold true if the MMM wasn't installed.

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota
I own the same tractor but, also have the MMM deck. When you install the backhoe with the MMM installed, you need to raise the 3PT hitch to the full up position so you can pin the MMM in the full up position. I then lock the 1/4" valve shut so the 3PT hitch does not go up or down. I know that is different than some of the other responses but, there is no other way to do it with the MMM and would assume the same would hold true if the MMM wasn't installed.

Is the 1/4 inch valve that you are describing the the valve at the center between your feet at floor level ? If not where is this located ? If it is do you then close this valve then put the hydraulic lift lever to the lower position so the oil bypasses the TPH ? Thanks for your help

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota #8  
Is the 1/4 inch valve that you are describing the the valve at the center between your feet at floor level ? If not where is this located ? If it is do you then close this valve then put the hydraulic lift lever to the lower position so the oil bypasses the TPH ? Thanks for your help

Yes, that is the valve I a referring to. I just checked my manual and it is #3 on page 10 - officially referred to as the "3-Point hitch lowering speed knob". If you close that knob all the way, your 3 pt will not move.

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota #9  
The 1/4 - incher valve is the type of 3-pt valve on some older B models (B2620, B2920, etc) that did not have position control. The B2650 does not have that type of 3-pt -- it has position control.

The knob between the seat controls rate of descent, and has nothing to do with the 1/4 - incher valve. It's there with both types of 3-pt valves.

/ 3 point lift lever position when using backhoe on B2650 kubota #10  
Had to talk to my dealer this morning about something unrelated to this post, so I figured I would ask this question.

Bottom line for a B2650 with position control, it does not matter where the 3-point position is (I.e. Up, down, etc) when using the backhoe. The intent of the manual notes is not to activate your 3-pt hitch, remotes, etc when operating your backhoe. That being said, what I suggested is correct.....put your 3-pt in whatever position you like and then lock down the speed knob under the operators seat. Doing so will eliminate any accidental movement of the 3-pt when using the backhoe.