3 point lift problem

/ 3 point lift problem #11  
Depending on how your system is setup.. a drop rate valve can be as simple as a needle/seat setup as a restrictor orifice and controls exhaust oil out o f the cyl.

Fixed needles also tend to limit oil into the cyl.. though i have seen some semi-floating needles that allow full flow into the cyl.. but still limit exhaust rate.. thus drop rate..

Soundguy

Bocephus2002 said:
Thanks for all the feedback I am new to Hydraulics so thanks again for the help. I removed my piston head where my lowering rate adjustment knob is in order to remove my piston. When I removed the cover a good amount of oil came spilling out. It looked like oil was leaking through. This may be a dumb question but there shouldn't be any oil in the top part of the cylinder, right? How does the lowering rate adj knob work. Does it have something to do with letting air in and out? I may be way off here please correct me if I am wrong. Does this mean the piston ring is leaking???

Also... How do I get the piston out of the cylinder??? Do I need to take the whole cover off??

Thanks
Mike

/ 3 point lift problem
It is a mf 1020 standard i think it's an 87. I was able to get the piston out and the rings don't look that bad. There is a little discoloration on the piston, but everything else looks pretty good.