3 Point linkage question?

/ 3 Point linkage question? #1  

tad84pole

Tractor
Kubota B3200HST
Hello, I recently purchased a Kubota B3200 at auction and am going through it replacing missing parts. One missing part is the top link and pins to connect the top link to the bracket. My question is, is the top link for a type 1 3point linkage system anything different between tractor brands. In other words, can I go to a "Tractor Supply Company" store and buy a standard top link and save some money over buying the Kubota part which may cost much more and will take some time to mail order?

Thanks for reading my question.:eek:

tad84pole

/ 3 Point linkage question? #2  
Hello, I recently purchased a Kubota B3200 at auction and am going through it replacing missing parts. One missing part is the top link and pins to connect the top link to the bracket. My question is, is the top link for a type 1 3point linkage system anything different between tractor brands. In other words, can I go to a "Tractor Supply Company" store and buy a standard top link and save some money over buying the Kubota part which may cost much more and will take some time to mail order?

Thanks for reading my question.:eek:

tad84pole

If no one answers, go to a dealer and measure the length of one and then measure TSC's

/ 3 Point linkage question? #3  
I believe cat 1 should be pretty standard. When you look at the bottom arms, the holes should roughly be as far out as the hole for the top link. So, if you can find a top link that is a length that will stick out the same distance as the lower links, while still having room to adjust the top link in or out, you should be good.

/ 3 Point linkage question? #4  
You should be ok with a TSC standard cat 1 top link. On some of the Kubota's the space where you connect to the tractor is a little narrower than standard. If it is on the 3200, you can grind down the sides of the link a little to get it to fit.

/ 3 Point linkage question? #5  
You should be ok with a TSC standard cat 1 top link. On some of the Kubota's the space where you connect to the tractor is a little narrower than standard. If it is on the 3200, you can grind down the sides of the link a little to get it to fit.

Yep...there was a post very recently concerning a Kubota toplink that was rusted solid (per the OP).
He bought a TSC toplink (I was one of the responders who suggested that, BTW) and did find the "eyeball" of the toplink was wider then the Kubota's bracket.
He also found the length of the TSC top link wouldn't work with his Kubota (I don't really understand this, since they are adjustable in length..but that's what he wrote).
I don't recall the thread title or which forum it was in...but it was within the last week or so...

/ 3 Point linkage question?
Thanks a bunch for the answers guys..sounds like TSC is the place to call.

Thanks again!!

tad84pole :D

/ 3 Point linkage question? #7  
With your lower arms parallel to the ground, measure from your top link hole on the tractor out to how far the pin holes are on the lower links with the tape measure parallel with the lower arms. That measurement should be the mid adjustment of what ever top link you buy.

/ 3 Point linkage question? #8  
When I added the Pat's easy change to my 790, the top link wouldn't quite extend far enough for the attachments since the PEC moves them back about 4 inches. A trip to TSC produced a top link that was about 3 inches longer overall length. Problem solved!

But yes, Cat 1 top links can vary from one color (tractor brand) to another or by 3rd party supplier in overall length by a few inches.