3 point log skidder/multi purpose

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose #21  
!!!!!

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose #22  
the hitch point on my arch is also the same height as the one on my norse winch and the arch is lighter a lot lighter.:D

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose #23  
personally my tractors three point hitch wont lift any thing heavy enough to tip over bacwards if the front end starts to come up wouldnt you push the clutch or drop the 3ph? its a long way over backward.

I don't think anyones 3PH is strong enough to pull the tractor over:) The problem happens while pulling, and it can happen rather quickly. Go up to the link I posted earlier, and down near the bottom of the page are the rear rollover videos. This has injured and killed people...

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose #24  
I looked at the video I didnt realize we were talking about skidding stumps:confused: and the guy in the seat litterally has NO brain , I could stage alot of nasty looking wrecks if I hook my tractor to a stump , my kids got a radio controlled truck and it allways flips over. I think sitting in the seat with your foot on the clutch is different than pushing a button.:eek:

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose
heres mine

This is the best set up I have seen for what I am going to be doing. Was this a home made unit or did you buy it? I'll have to keep that one in the data banks to build one later. If you bought it what brand and where?

I drug two more logs today (20" x 16') and ran them over stumps on purpose and no problems. I'll use the second chain to the drawbar when needed.

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose #26  
I built mine my boss saw it and immediately began selling them for 750.00
I wont use tbn to sell anything so I say build it , material cost is low design is simple the bunch blade is great. good luck dont let any test dummies drive your tractor:)

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose #27  
I looked at the video I didnt realize we were talking about skidding stumps:confused: and the guy in the seat litterally has NO brain , I could stage alot of nasty looking wrecks if I hook my tractor to a stump , my kids got a radio controlled truck and it allways flips over. I think sitting in the seat with your foot on the clutch is different than pushing a button.:eek:

You mean that you have NEVER had a log hang up while dragging? I guess you have never drug logs where I have drug logs.

Good luck...

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose
I built mine my boss saw it and immediately began selling them for 750.00
I wont use tbn to sell anything so I say build it , material cost is low design is simple the bunch blade is great. good luck dont let any test dummies drive your tractor:)

After looking at mine again I think I'll just make a "bunch blade"(thats the thing for the chains. RIGHT?) to fit into my reciever. I don't really need to push with it, have a FEL.

Thanks for that post.

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose #29  
The problem with just pushing in the clutch as the tractor starts to go over backwards is the tractor slams back to earth quickly and usually the operator gets bucked like on a bull. When this happens the foot slips and it starts to go back over, especially with R1's. May not be as bad with the R4's or turfs. I saw a guy with 40 years of tractor experience nearly get killed pulling a downed tree after a storm. The tree hung up on a curb and the tractor came up, it started bucking 3-4 times before he got it under control. Each time it came down his foot came off the clutch. He could not get to the throttle or kill switch because he was holding on for life.

Also very dangerous to pull in reverse with the FEL. Had a friend about get killed doing that also.

Chris

/ 3 point log skidder/multi purpose #30  
I didnt say I never had a log hang up I said I have never flipped a tractor over backward:)