3 point log splitter for tractor.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
I purchased this splitter from local craigslist recently for a summer fun project.

I even don't know who made this splitter but it seems like not much use and excellent condition as you can see and sturdy well made.

Surprisingly the splitter works so well, split large size hardwood logs like live oak trees.

And can split the logs at the place I cut for convenience.

It was so fun and a good experiment.

Jkk

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #2  
Speeding up video doesn't actually increase cycle time.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #3  
I purchased this splitter from local craigslist recently for a summer fun project.

I even don't know who made this splitter but it seems like not much use and excellent condition as you can see and sturdy well made.

Surprisingly the splitter works so well, split large size hardwood logs like live oak trees.

And can split the logs at the place I cut for convenience.

It was so fun and a good experiment.

Jkk

Nice splitter I have a 3 point hitch splitter that looks just about like yours , I believe mine is a Speedco , I purchased it from Tractor Supply , three point hitch splitters cycle slower than a stand alone but since I am not in the firewood processing business it's been plenty fast enough for me and one less small gasoline engine to deal with, glad you are enjoying your splitter.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #4  
Does yours rotate up so it can be worked vertical?
I used to use one that would and I would get a good sized butt load and set it on the ground,
rotate the splitter to vertical and put the heel plate on the large butt round, then just set the piece to be split
on the heel and split it downward, for some reason that was an easier motion and method for me.
With the heel up on a log at about 24" height it was a convenient height for me to work with.

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor.
Speeding up video doesn't actually increase cycle time.
The people are so bored if I make longer videos. 😩😩😩
That is the reason to make a fast speed video in less than 5 minutes.
My videos uploaded to Youtube are all less than 5 minutes.🤣🤣
Thanks.
Jkk

Nice splitter I have a 3 point hitch splitter that looks just about like yours , I believe mine is a Speedco , I purchased it from Tractor Supply , three point hitch splitters cycle slower than a stand alone but since I am not in the firewood processing business it's been plenty fast enough for me and one less small gasoline engine to deal with, glad you are enjoying your splitter.
Actually If I increase throttle speed on the tractor(meaning the hydraulic oil flows fast) the splitting speed is much better like a stand alone splitter surprisingly.😘😘😘
Thank you.
Jkk

Does yours rotate up so it can be worked vertical?
I used to use one that would and I would get a good sized butt load and set it on the ground,
rotate the splitter to vertical and put the heel plate on the large butt round, then just set the piece to be split
on the heel and split it downward, for some reason that was an easier motion and method for me.
With the heel up on a log at about 24" height it was a convenient height for me to work with.
That is correct.
Unfortunately, mine is not.😥😥
Jkk

/ 3 point log splitter for tractor. #9  
three point hitch splitters cycle slower than a stand alone but since I am not in the firewood processing business it's been plenty fast enough for me and one less small gasoline engine to deal with, glad you are enjoying your splitter.
UNLESS it's powered by the PTO, then it's FAST and kicksazz!

Resized-20220410-130612-S.jpg

SR