3 point problems on 851

/ 3 point problems on 851 #11  
that pretty much proves that it needs a linkage adjustment and almost certaintly the cam follower pin repalced.. and MAYBEE attention to cam the follower rides if it is worn excessively.

refer to t he alternate adjustment instructions inthe service manul that do not use the nuday tools.

/ 3 point problems on 851
Ok it' Monday and I just went out to check the hydraulic fluid level in the tractor. As I had stated bvefore the level was 3" above the full mark and it is still there and looks somewhat clear this time. I'm looking for a service manual before I tear it apart. Anymore ideas would be good.
Thanks

/ 3 point problems on 851 #13  
pull the drain a hair and see if a bunch of water comes out ...

Before I do that, where would water come from???
I just put fluid in it Sunday, the raidator is not low, I'm kinda stumped, maybe confused. Could you explain the reason for the action please?? THANK YOU

/ 3 point problems on 851 #15  
Before I do that, where would water come from??? Could you explain the reason for the action please??
I think SG is wondering if you got all the old water/junk out before the refill. In other words, old water, not new.
Jim

/ 3 point problems on 851 #16  
yep.. and not sure about the radiator comment.. not much to do with the hyds system.. unless you are indicating you think you have a coollant issue as well??

/ 3 point problems on 851 #17  
But why does the fluid level keep rising? It was way over full, seems like water got in. Then, he drained and refilled to the proper level, and now it's rising way up again. Why does the fluid level keep increasing?

Don't know if it has anything to do with the symptoms he's experiencing, but I think that's what he's wondering...

/ 3 point problems on 851 #18  
that's the reason I asked him to see if it was water.

if it's not water and his hyd level is rising.. he's making oil.

only a couple reasons for hte hyds to be making oil.. most common reason for the hyds to make oil is a perforated suction tube in the transmission... and thus the tranny will be sucked dry, while the hyds becomes overfull.

wanted to rule out water first.

OK so now after reading the comments, I think maybe I should pull the fill plug from the transmission and take a look inside, before I pull anymore plugs. The fluid on the hyd dipstick look pretty clear, however I'm not ruleing out water just yet!! If the hyd level is 3" above the full mark, could that affect the lift???

/ 3 point problems on 851 #20  
high hyd fluid level will not effect the lift. the lift sump has room for plenty more oil in there in case you need to run some external SA hy cyls. I know I had to add a couple gallons of oil to run ford 711 loaders.. 1g just to make up the hoses.. and the other gallon for the lift.. so my sump is 1g 'over full' any time the laoder is relaxed.

check the oil level side plug on the tranny.. can't tell much looking down in the fill hole.

and pull the hyds plug a hair to see if water has settled and comes out.