3 point pto post hole digger

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #41  
Good point- that's where I was trying to steer in terms of the extra capacity reservoir that GRSthegreat uses for his hydraulics to keep the temp down by using additional hyd fluid to keep it from overheating when running hi demand implements.

This is actually my point with the backhoe. When I'm in the diggn' mood, there's never a moment where multiple cylinders aren't using fluid. Swing cylinders, dipper stick, boom, bucket, they're all filling/emptying at the same time. I'm not sure what the difference would be with a hydraulic motor. You take a break from digging to move the tractor and you take a break from drilling for the same reason. The tractor isn't in motion for either task.

It's actually an important issue to me, I'm planning to put a broom on the front of my tractor in the next year or two to clear the rink in the winter. It will be continuous use while the tractor is moving, so I need to make sure my tractor is up to it.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #42  
Hydraulic

Motor-spool: In the neutral position fluid is allowed to flow back to the tank. This allows the operator to run a hydraulic motor under load and, when the valve is shifted to stop flow to the motor, allows the motor to coast to a stop.

Cylinder-spool: In the neutral position fluid is blocked from flowing to the tank. This effectively locks the load in place and should be used in applications where a load is to be raised and held aloft with a hydraulic cylinder.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #43  
It has to do with flow, Hydraulic motors use bigger hoses and pumps.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #44  
When I asked my dealer about the front mounted hydraulic post hole diggers for my 45hp Kioti he advised that, being hydraulic, they were not capable of achieving the same power as a pto driven post hole digger.

I am not sure where he comes up with that. I have the Danuser 1025H and it is not shy on torque. Check out the torques listed on the attached link. On hydraulic augers it is the pump pressure that governs the torque. GPM governs the rotational speed.

http://www.danuser.com/attachments/auger-systems

I much, much prefer a hydraulic SSQA with the ability to reverse and put down pressure on the bit.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #45  
I am not sure where he comes up with that. I have the Danuser 1025H and it is not shy on torque. Check out the torques listed on the attached link. On hydraulic augers it is the pump pressure that governs the torque. GPM governs the rotational speed.

Auger Systems | Earth Augers | Diggers | Danuser

I much, much prefer a hydraulic SSQA with the ability to reverse and put down pressure on the bit.

Ideal gpm on that unit starts at 15 to 20. That ep6 that Teds talking about might do it but Kioti advises against running a hydra motor.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #48  
Does anyone have any information about how many GPM will actually flow through the rear remote valves and connectors on a DK45SE? I don't know if the full flow of the hydraulic system is actually output to the attached implement. Thanks.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #49  
Does anyone have any information about how many GPM will actually flow through the rear remote valves and connectors on a DK45SE? I don't know if the full flow of the hydraulic system is actually output to the attached implement. Thanks.

That's the problem, its only 1/4 line.

/ 3 point pto post hole digger #50  
This is actually my point with the backhoe. When I'm in the diggn' mood, there's never a moment where multiple cylinders aren't using fluid. Swing cylinders, dipper stick, boom, bucket, they're all filling/emptying at the same time. I'm not sure what the difference would be with a hydraulic motor. You take a break from digging to move the tractor and you take a break from drilling for the same reason. The tractor isn't in motion for either task.

It's actually an important issue to me, I'm planning to put a broom on the front of my tractor in the next year or two to clear the rink in the winter. It will be continuous use while the tractor is moving, so I need to make sure my tractor is up to it.

KK, I believe you've convinced yourself that what you want your tractor to do is what it will do, regardless of some design limitations. The EA guys actually said that they have not had any complaints from customers with the augers, 'when properly matched with their tractor'. That is not the same as assuring one that it will work with YOUR tractor and it's inherent fluid flow, designed to run with very specific implements, NONE of which are running hydraulic pumps as part of the implement's fluid loop.
You obviously can do whatever you choose, but after all the effort the KIOTI guys put into saving your butt when you went from the undersized JD to the undersized 'lemon' first Kioti you had next, to this current DK with cab, I'd sure hate to see you decide to push it beyond it's limitations and possibly do damage to your hydraulics circuit, especially since you are running an HST unit.
If it were me I'd look into renting a skidsteer with the attachment already on it and do whatever holes you need 'dug' then return it. No contamination possibility and a tool suited to the job at hand with NO risk of damaging your tractor.
And as far as a front mounted broom- is a PTO driven broom not a possibility for your DK?
Just seems like you'd be back in the same dilemma with it as the front mounted auger.