3 point Quick Hitch

/ 3 point Quick Hitch #1  

jgbanshee

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 310SE, JD 4300, JD 5210, JD 450 Crawler, CAT D3B, Ford 2N, Ford 5000 Ford 4000su, Ford 1100
I have a Quick Hitch on my Jd 4300 and I can't use it with some of my implements. I would like to modify my implements for the top link to fit. Did anyone else do this before?

/ 3 point Quick Hitch #2  
I have the SPeedco QH and made a couple mods. I made a new hook that extends out a couple inches further. The frame of the QH would hit to toplink mount of my BB and RB just enough that it wouldn't lock up right. Also had to weld plates to my Cosmo cone spreader to extend out the top link attachment point. In stock form there was no way to get any kind of hook connected since it would hit the frame. The Qh is nice when it works but only works with 4 out of the 6 3pt attachments I have. THe mower would take some work and the KK landscape rake would almost be a complete redesign. If I'd had the time to get one shipped in I never would have bought the KK rake. One of those deals when I needed it yesterday.

/ 3 point Quick Hitch #3  
I modified the top of the attachments to match the quick hitch. Not a big problem, and I've wondered if a U-channel would be welded in place to make the easiest 'match'. I preferred to modify, rather than adjust the top 'hook' for different attachments. That would defeat the purpose for which I had the quick hitch.

/ 3 point Quick Hitch #4  
My SpeeCo hitch came with an adapter that could be used to replace the hook. It was much more versatile and solved all of my problems. You have to get off the tractor, but since you have to get off a lot anyway (pto hook up, alignment) I did not think it was a big deal. I have since switched to Pat's which also requires getting off, but is easier to use than the SpeeCo.