3 point snowblower

/ 3 point snowblower #11  
Just bought a 54 incher [pronovost] for 1699,last week.Left over normal price last winter was 2050 Dealer said the day i bought they got an e mail from pronovost ,they were going up 400 dollars cause of steel prices.In my shopping all dealers said prices were climbing up alot on their new shipments.IF YOU CAN FIND A LEFTOVER BUY IT NOW!!
ALAN

/ 3 point snowblower #12  
Yeah, you've got an amazing ability to find stuff ductape. Though living in eastern mass doesn't help much.

I may have found a 3pt finish mower on craigs list - that does seem to be a good source.

/ 3 point snowblower #13  
escavader said:
Just bought a 54 incher [pronovost] for 1699,last week.Left over normal price last winter was 2050 Dealer said the day i bought they got an e mail from pronovost ,they were going up 400 dollars cause of steel prices.In my shopping all dealers said prices were climbing up alot on their new shipments.IF YOU CAN FIND A LEFTOVER BUY IT NOW!!
ALAN

I was at the Dealer yesterday buying a new back blade and they have two new Puma (Pronovost) 54" snow blowers on the lot for just a hair over $2000.00. The Dealer said that the Pronovost line has increased their prices 14% in a little over two weeks, based on the price of steel and transportations costs. He said they were dropping the Pronovost line and picking up the Meteor line. Unfortunately, I was dealing on a blade and did not get the explanation for dropping the Pronovost line (I'm not sure it's just the price increase).....they look rugged and I didn't think the price was bad for the two they had there. The dealer went on to say that the Meteors are advertised for less money, but (as an example) if you want skid shoes on the bottom, you'll pay an additional
$200.00. I find it hard to picture the set of skid shoes worth $200.00, but that would certainly drive the price of the base unit up pretty fast for any additional add-ons. Dyer, retired

/ 3 point snowblower #14  
Dyer said:
I was at the Dealer yesterday buying a new back blade and they have two new Puma (Pronovost) 54" snow blowers on the lot for just a hair over $2000.00. The Dealer said that the Pronovost line has increased their prices 14% in a little over two weeks, based on the price of steel and transportations costs.

Based upon Neighbor Dyer's conversation with the dealer (quoted above), I made several calls today to see what was available in this area. Best price I could get on a new Pronovost 54" was $2,450. The dealer where he saw the leftovers said they would be quoting ~ $2,650 for this year's model - and those 2 leftovers were the only ones I found, so I put my name on one and will pick it up in a couple of weeks.

It's tough to get excited about buying a snowblower in the middle of the summer, but it's much less exciting to think about paying an extra $400+ for the same unit later this year. And I know that, like it or not, it will get plenty of use next winter.

Jay

/ 3 point snowblower #15  
Dyer said:
I was at the Dealer yesterday buying a new back blade and they have two new Puma (Pronovost) 54" snow blowers on the lot for just a hair over $2000.00. The Dealer said that the Pronovost line has increased their prices 14% in a little over two weeks, based on the price of steel and transportations costs. He said they were dropping the Pronovost line and picking up the Meteor line. Unfortunately, I was dealing on a blade and did not get the explanation for dropping the Pronovost line (I'm not sure it's just the price increase).....they look rugged and I didn't think the price was bad for the two they had there. The dealer went on to say that the Meteors are advertised for less money, but (as an example) if you want skid shoes on the bottom, you'll pay an additional
$200.00. I find it hard to picture the set of skid shoes worth $200.00, but that would certainly drive the price of the base unit up pretty fast for any additional add-ons. Dyer, retired
This is funny,because i know you must have went to HAMMOND TRACTOR:) tHEY HAD 3 and i bought one of them.They had it advertised in UNCLE HENRYS FOR 1699,for the blower.Iguess after i bought mine,and they found out the new pricing the sale was over!!The trouble with the METEOR is you get either a 51[which is only 1.5 inchs beyond the tread pattern on our little botas,or the next size is 5 footwhich is a little much so im told.They told me they were dropping them,because of the prices,didnt think a 2500 dollar puma would sell well i guess.
Kramers also sell meteor,i do know OSGOODS in DIXFIELD sell PRONOVOST.iSHOPPED AT ALL 3 ,but couldnt pass up the deal at HAMMONDS.Ialso purchased the chute control,now i need to go get a remote for my KUBOTA.iSURE WISH the PRESIDENT wouls stimulate me some more.:D :D :D
ALAN

/ 3 point snowblower #16  
It was Hammond Tractor and I saw the one you bought just outside the entrance door...probably a couple months ago???? I was checking the hydraulic rotation setup for ideas and was impressed with how sturdy the whole unit looked. At that time, they had the same price tag on it as the hand crank unit, so I knew that was a mistake, but the next time I went up (3 days later) it was gone, so you obviously picked it up by then. The salesman at Hammond said that the Meteor will be priced as a base unit, but anything additional will bring the price up quick, so I'm not sure the Pronovost units will be necessarily more expensive? I have not seen a Meteor in person, but here they are good rigs? I've only seen one used snowblower at Hammond in 7 years and it looked like it was dropped in the yard from 7,000 feet up. Congratulations on your purchase....I think you'll be pleased with it. John

/ 3 point snowblower #17  
jaybrad said:
Based upon Neighbor Dyer's conversation with the dealer (quoted above), I made several calls today to see what was available in this area. Best price I could get on a new Pronovost 54" was $2,450. The dealer where he saw the leftovers said they would be quoting ~ $2,650 for this year's model - and those 2 leftovers were the only ones I found, so I put my name on one and will pick it up in a couple of weeks.

It's tough to get excited about buying a snowblower in the middle of the summer, but it's much less exciting to think about paying an extra $400+ for the same unit later this year. And I know that, like it or not, it will get plenty of use next winter.

Jay
Its too bad,i wish i had an old copy of uncle henrys ,to see if there was an experation date on that sale .You should have got it for what i did .
One good thing,if i dont like it,for what i paid i bet i can get my money back out of it
by the way guys , i work at HLC in BELGRADE,been there 10 years,are you close by?

/ 3 point snowblower
Wow!!

Thanks for all the replies!!!
Buying new may be the option I may choose, I wanted to get an idea of what to expect when I walked into a dealer. I will continue to look for used units but I am not going to deal with another winter of using strictly a backblade on a 1200ft driveway. I hope a snowblower will make my job easier. On a side note, would you recommend the front weight kit for the tractor when the snowblower is attached?
Again, thanks so much for your replies!!

/ 3 point snowblower #19  
Lidger said:
Wow!!

I hope a snowblower will make my job easier. On a side note, would you recommend the front weight kit for the tractor when the snowblower is attached?
Again, thanks so much for your replies!!

On my last tractor, I just left the bucket on the front, which is what I plan to do with this one, too.

The snowblower works so well that I looked forward to each storm - not something I did last year when all I had was a tired old walkbehind snowblower. Having the bucket on the front is wonderful for scooping around the mail box, the sides of the driveway where the town snow plows dump snow, around our propane tank, and the oil fill tubes.

IMHO this is the ideal combination.

A friend of mine has an orange tractor with the snowblower on the front and blade on the back, which works very well for him, too.

Jay

(still one the lookout for a good used chipper....)

/ 3 point snowblower #20  
escavader said:
by the way guys , i work at HLC in BELGRADE,been there 10 years,are you close by?

We live about 3 miles from HLC on the West Road. I'm about 3/10's mile from the Old South Church and Jaybrad is just a little further up the road. Dyer, retired