3 point sprayer to tow behind sprayer

/ 3 point sprayer to tow behind sprayer #1  

csnow

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310
Has anyone ever converted a 3 point sprayer to a tow behind? I have had this sprayer for several years mostly use it on driveway, but the quick hitch I just bought doesn't fit it. the actual pin width is about a 1/4 inch to wide. It is a 60 gallon sprayer pto driven. I thought about welding brackets on to make it fit but it will sit the weight back farther plus I didn't want to have to modify it to much to carry the weight, I need about 3.5 inches out to clear the original frame work with the quick hitch. All I need for the trailer set up is an axle with wheels and a tongue. I know I could just take the quick hitch off and use the 3 point but that defeats the purpose of the quick hitch.

/ 3 point sprayer to tow behind sprayer #2  
I clicked on you QH link and it went to "PATS". If you have pats, you can just about use anything. You just loosen you pins on the lower arms and use the provided adjustable spacer bar.

/ 3 point sprayer to tow behind sprayer
no if I had pats I wouldn't have this problem, must be an advertisement in my post. I have a harbor freight quick hitch that works with my other 4 implement.

/ 3 point sprayer to tow behind sprayer #4  
Please post a photo of the problem pin and bracket. Someone may have a solution if the problem can be seen.

Bruce

/ 3 point sprayer to tow behind sprayer #5  
Why not just modify the sprayer to fit the QH? I've done that to a couple of my older implements so they're all the same and fit the QH. Most likely will take a little welding but it's gotta be quicker/easier than building a whole cart to change to a drag behind. :confused3:

/ 3 point sprayer to tow behind sprayer
Actually I gave it a little more though. I think next weekend I might take the quick hitch off and see if I can get a porta power or bottle jack in between the lower links and spread it out a little.

/ 3 point sprayer to tow behind sprayer #7  
How about buying a QH compatible carry-all and mounting the sprayer to the carry-all? That's more expense, but the carry-all can be used for other things too.