Box Scraper 3 point trench filling attachment?

/ 3 point trench filling attachment? #12  
That is SaaaWeet!

That's an old JD model 80 blade out of the 1960's. I have this one at home and two at the farm, one angled & offset for road grading & one turned backwards for a 'bulldozer' (both inherited). They show up on CL around here frequently. I used it on my JD 520 & now with the 790. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

• Farm 048.jpg
    Farm 048.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 171
   / 3 point trench filling attachment? #13  
Thanks, to answer a few questions, I'll be digging with a trencher (riding probably). Will be laying several hundred feet (maybe 500-700 before I'm all done) so I don't care to use a shovel. I have a 31hp tractor with box blade, but I don't think that will work well. I have a front end loader but that's a bunch of starting and stopping, the box blade would work better.

I like the idea of ...
"Buy an old, cheap back blade that will pivot around backwards. Cut it down the center and weld it back together so it forms a 90 degree "V". Then when you go backwards the "V" will fill the trench from both sides. No chance of cave-in."
That's probably what I need to do.

Covering the ditch behind a trencher for 700 ft is a small job. Most ride on trenchers have a blade to push the fill back in, some have a small backhoe on the opposite end instead. You should be able to cover this with your small tractor using the boxblade or fell.