3-Point Hitch 3 pt adjustment

/ 3 pt adjustment #1  

lhk531

I have a 855 w/3 pt and was wondering if there is a standard set up adjustment on the 3 pt. Mine lets the attachments to ground level and no lower. Should it be adjusted a little lower or not? Thanks

Last edited:
   / 3 pt adjustment #2  
Which attachments? How far off the ground are your arm ends in fully lowered position with no implement? Pictures will help a lot...

:welcome:

/ 3 pt adjustment #3  
Pull one of the lower links off. If it's splined, you could rotate both of the links down a spline or two. Just make sure you move them equally.
I also suggest you scribe a witness mark at the original position so you can return them to that position if you wish.

/ 3 pt adjustment #4  
I have a 855 w/3 pt and was wondering if there is a standard set up adjustment on the 3 pt. Mine lets the attachments to ground level and no lower. Should it be adjusted a little lower or not? Thanks

I'm not sure I fully understand your question... The rockshaft lower by gravity, so if your expecting the 3pt to drive the implement into the ground, this will not happen. There is no pressure on the 3pt on an 855 (and most other tractors as well).

/ 3 pt adjustment #5  
Howdy
My JD855 in a 1987 model.
The 3pt goes from 7" to 39" center of the eyeball to the ground.

Don't know if that is factory or not, but works well with all the implements I have had on it.

Good luck
Wyo

/ 3 pt adjustment
I adjusted to 7" and it works a lot better. Whoever owned this before me must have messed with adjustments. I was just trying to hook up a box blade on level ground. Again thanks guys. I love this site.