3 pt attachments on the FRONT !

/ 3 pt attachments on the FRONT ! #11  
Reg,
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I agree, SERIOUS ground engagement might be BAD if you catch something big.)</font>

What about when pulling the brushhog? I always keep the bucket close to the ground when cutting tall weeds. I've run into stumps and big rocks that jolt the tractor to a stop on occasion. I think most everybody has done this at least once or twice? I'm saying it's not the greatest thing for the tractor mind you, but it happens.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm not sure about this, but I think that if I was pulling a box blade in REVERSE a sudden stop might be partly absorbed by the loader hydraulics, e.g. it might be (slightly) less bad than the same stop moving forwards with the BB on the 3pt.)</font>

Hmm, interesting /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif... but it would make sense to me to just go ahead pull it behind you in FORWARD instead of going to all that trouble....just messing with you Reg. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All considered, I think it's a good idea and could be very handy, indeed.

/ 3 pt attachments on the FRONT !
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I plan on getting a three point to quick tach adaptor myself. Wolud be handy for landscape rake or blade for tight areas.

I seen one for $300 at Mid-State (Pirranha), I may order soon.

Check at: http://24.199.170.181:82/

ksmmoto )</font>

Thanks for the pointer,
VERY MUCH what I had in mind, probably less than I could buy the adapter plate and quick-hitch for - and no welding required.
I'll have them figure shipping and probably order this week.
Option b) would be to keep everything on pallets and use pallet forks - still under consideration.

/ 3 pt attachments on the FRONT !
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am familiar with skid steers and is this what you are looking for?

http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Skid_Steer_Motorized_3_Point_Adaptors_s/53.htm

Lots of versatility here
Jim /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Oh Yeah... LOTS of versatility (-:
Thanks for the pointer,
Gee with a hydraulic motor on the front, a PTO pump on the tractor's rear PTO and some 12 or 15 ft hoses - front mounted tillers, snowblowers, everything you never wanted and more (-:

Seriously, I think the Pirana will do all I need at a cost that is bearable.

tnx

/ 3 pt attachments on the FRONT ! #14  
There are a couple of options out there as mentioned...
I didn't see ATI yet... ATI website
As noted in Europe you can get direct front 3pth and PTO easier than here..
couple of links for you Valtra
US aftermarket
have fun

/ 3 pt attachments on the FRONT ! #15  
I did just about what you describe. Here is a link to my TBN photo gallery. Click Here Pictures of mods to the Speeco QH also in the gallery.

/ 3 pt attachments on the FRONT ! #16  
Ron that's a pretty slick setup. It doesn't surprise me one bit that you could make such a gadget with all the skill that you have.