3 pt Attachments w/BX25 and Kioti CK20s HST

/ 3 pt Attachments w/BX25 and Kioti CK20s HST #12  
So if you want a backhoe on the BX25, you have to give up the 3pt hitch?

Yes, you can't keep the three point hitch on while the backhoe is there. We got the 3-point hitch kit, and after we take the BH off it takes about 10 minutes to install the 3-point hitch (which is not fun to do)...:mad:

/ 3 pt Attachments w/BX25 and Kioti CK20s HST #13  
Thanks for the re-assurance on the attachments. Now just have to make up my mind on which tractor. BX25 is about $2K less and would be local buy - local Kioti price is $4k higher. The 2k higher kioti price is only 135 miles away - so not really far but not local.

You are doing just a bit of an "apples to oranges" comparison... the CK20 is a bigger tractor than the BX25. Kioti very wisely, IMHO, decided to offer just a bit larger tractor instead of offering a directly equivalent product to the Kubota. If the Kioti appeals to you because it's bigger, well Kubota also makes slightly larger tractors that you should at least consider. The CK20 seems to fit just in between the BX and the B models in the Kubota lineup. I think all are fairly close in price, so check them all out. Kubota is the more established brand in the US, but Kioti is moving up and makes very good equipment also (Kind of a Toyota vs. Hyundai analogy, I guess).

I always try to suggest new buyers think through the actual work they plan to do in figuring what size and type of equipment to buy. The better you know your work requirement, the more well-considered your buying decision will be. For example, if you have storage and maneuverability limitations at your place, bigger is not always better. And, if you are going to mow your yard with it, a lighter footprint is a good thing. But, if lifting and pulling muscle will be constantly put to the test, you'll appreciate a bigger machine. Most people - but not everyone :) - find getting a little more tractor than you think you need is a good idea.

/ 3 pt Attachments w/BX25 and Kioti CK20s HST #14  
You are doing just a bit of an "apples to oranges" comparison... the CK20 is a bigger tractor than the BX25. Kioti very wisely, IMHO, decided to offer just a bit larger tractor instead of offering a directly equivalent product to the Kubota. If the Kioti appeals to you because it's bigger, well Kubota also makes slightly larger tractors that you should at least consider. The CK20 seems to fit just in between the BX and the B models in the Kubota lineup. I think all are fairly close in price, so check them all out. Kubota is the more established brand in the US, but Kioti is moving up and makes very good equipment also (Kind of a Toyota vs. Hyundai analogy, I guess).

I always try to suggest new buyers think through the actual work they plan to do in figuring what size and type of equipment to buy. The better you know your work requirement, the more well-considered your buying decision will be. For example, if you have storage and maneuverability limitations at your place, bigger is not always better. And, if you are going to mow your yard with it, a lighter footprint is a good thing. But, if lifting and pulling muscle will be constantly put to the test, you'll appreciate a bigger machine. Most people - but not everyone :) - find getting a little more tractor than you think you need is a good idea.

I agree. The 20 series Kubota B is a closer comparison to the Kioti CK20. Both are small CUTs to my eye. I know this is a grey area, but still.
Kioti doesn't really have a direct comparison subcut.
JD, Massey, and Cub do.

/ 3 pt Attachments w/BX25 and Kioti CK20s HST #15  
The subcompacts require the "L" limited implements due to the reduced lift height. If you use a reg. Cat. 1 implement on a sub, you won't get it up very high. That's why an "L" implement is needed.

With certain used models at this point it would still be a concern but a while back they raised the hitch and true cat 1 is a good match.

I also feel the B-series is a better match.