3-Point Hitch 3 pt hitch assembly

/ 3 pt hitch assembly #11  
I'm going to stop by the dealer this weekend but anyone have any pointers for simple draw bars? Is a stabilizer important?

the manual shows 24in between mount pts. but an online web search doesn't show much out there... simple meaning holes for a couple lawn tractor type pull-behind (sweeper and aerator) that use a pin and for attaching a chain to pull stuff...

thanx
joe

They make a wide draw bar, cat 1, over 27" that is what larger tractors use and it also fits in a quick hitch. There is also a narrower that is a cat 0 with cat 1 pins. It is less money but is not as heavy duty as the regular cat 1 draw bar. Either will be fine on a BX. You also have a draw bar below the rear PTO. Just watch when the 3PH is installed it does not hit your attachment.

/ 3 pt hitch assembly #12  
Thanx,picked up a 26 bar on sat

Joe

/ 3 pt hitch assembly
Well, assembled my 3 point hitch today. Took about 15 minutes. Might have taken longer if I had had all the parts. I was missing both turnbuckles. So I've sent Barlows an email regarding my missing parts. Hope they will replace them. I could see if I lost a pin or something small...but I didn't lose both turnbuckles.

And can anyone tell me what the stopper pin is for? On page 45 of the BX 25 manual, part number 6. Not really sure of it's purpose. Thanks

/ 3 pt hitch assembly #14  
It is to keep the plate from unhooking from the shaft. I have questioned its value. How can it move when the turnbuckles are tight? That whole assembly seems more complicated than it needs to be. Its a B**## for an old guy like me to grovel around in the dirt hooking it all up. That's why I have a QH. I am doing the 800 hr. service this week. I have some ideas on maybe simplifying it. I hate the turnbuckles also. Working on that in my mind also. My goal is to not have to use wrenches on any of the adjustments.

Ron

/ 3 pt hitch assembly
Well, guess I should have figured that out. Thanks.

/ 3 pt hitch assembly #16  
Well, assembled my 3 point hitch today. Took about 15 minutes. Might have taken longer if I had had all the parts. I was missing both turnbuckles. So I've sent Barlows an email regarding my missing parts. Hope they will replace them. I could see if I lost a pin or something small...but I didn't lose both turnbuckles.

And can anyone tell me what the stopper pin is for? On page 45 of the BX 25 manual, part number 6. Not really sure of it's purpose. Thanks

Did the kit come in a box or did they just give you a bunch of loose parts? Mine came all packed neatly in the box from the factory.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ 3 pt hitch assembly
No, it came neatly packed in the box. Worst part is, I never checked to see if anything was missing assuming everything was there. So I just pulled all the card board spacers out of the original box, left the parts in the original box, and started assembling. Only to find I was two turnbuckles short.