3-Point Hitch 3 PT hitch keeps dropping

/ 3 PT hitch keeps dropping #1  

ScottyChip

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510
I have owned my B7510 for 5 years now but really did not pay attention to how quickly the 3 PT hitch dropped while in use. With my rear snowblower on it is either fully up (rarely) or fully down. I have noticed that if I am stopped (engine at idle) with the blower fully up replacing a shear pin or talking to the neighbour that after a few minutes the blower is on the ground. Or when I park it at the end of the day and I leave the blower in the full up position again it drops to the ground. Is this normal?

I was talking to the dealer the other day and they are going to check on it but my tractor is now out of warranty and any repairs are my cost. Doesn't seem right, but, then again I thought everything was fine.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

/ 3 PT hitch keeps dropping #3  
It shouldn't be dropping that fast. :(

I agree, something wrong somewhere? On the older tractors made in the forties and early fifties, I would expect leak off. Not on a tractor with todays technology built in. Old timers tell me they used a chain to hold a implement in place, LOL Ken Sweet

/ 3 PT hitch keeps dropping
Thanks, Guys. Sort of what I thought, funny how you feel something is not right and you get that feeling in your gut.
Any thoughts on what may be the problem?

/ 3 PT hitch keeps dropping #5  
Does the 7510 have position control or quarter inching valve? You might try closing the lower speed knob all the way so you can't lower it and see if it still does it. This might give you and idea if it is in the cylinder or the valve.

/ 3 PT hitch keeps dropping
7510 has quarter inch valve. I tried the closed valve and you are right it will not lower with the lever, but it does still settle over time to the ground. I am thinking that I am getting hydraulic fluid leak past the cylinder. Do you think this is a cylinder replacement or is there a kit with new seals? How much would each run? and is a difficult job to do?

/ 3 PT hitch keeps dropping #7  
I have never had to work on 3pt hydraulics on these tractors and I don't have my WSM anymore from my B7200 (went with tractor) to have a better idea of how it is all put together. I have read on here before that some guys say it is not a hard job to replace the seals or rebuild the cylinder. You might get some better info from someone with more experince on this one.

Good Luck.

/ 3 PT hitch keeps dropping #8  
ScottyChip said:
I have owned my B7510 for 5 years now but really did not pay attention to how quickly the 3 PT hitch dropped while in use. With my rear snowblower on it is either fully up (rarely) or fully down. I have noticed that if I am stopped (engine at idle) with the blower fully up replacing a shear pin or talking to the neighbour that after a few minutes the blower is on the ground. Or when I park it at the end of the day and I leave the blower in the full up position again it drops to the ground. Is this normal?

I was talking to the dealer the other day and they are going to check on it but my tractor is now out of warranty and any repairs are my cost. Doesn't seem right, but, then again I thought everything was fine.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I was having the same problem with my b3200. It is only 11 months old. I have found a leacking cracked line just insider the right rear wheel. Callednthe dealer and they came and picked it up the same day to fix it. Service is good so far but I do not have the machine back yet.

/ 3 PT hitch keeps dropping #9  
Rosiejoydog said:
I was having the same problem with my b3200. It is only 11 months old. I have found a leacking cracked line just insider the right rear wheel. Callednthe dealer and they came and picked it up the same day to fix it. Service is good so far but I do not have the machine back yet.

Now I have the machine back, delivered by the dealer. No more leak and all of the mess was cleaned up as well. 3pt seems to stay put now. Not dropping with brush cutter.