3 pt hitch lowering knob stuck

/ 3 pt hitch lowering knob stuck #1  

dlabrie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
I went to loosen up my 3pt hitch lowering pressure and I couldn't turn the knob. I ended up using a pipe wrench to turn it. Is there a way to free it up?
Thanks
B2910 hsd

/ 3 pt hitch lowering knob stuck #2  
is there a lock nut on the shaft"?

/ 3 pt hitch lowering knob stuck
is there a lock nut on the shaft"?

I don't know. The knob connects to a shaft that goes through the frame of the tractor. I haven't had any problem with it in 18 years of use.

/ 3 pt hitch lowering knob stuck #4  
I had to do this on a tractor I bought. First, make really sure what way it needs to go. On mine, the 3 point dropped really fast, so I knew it was fully open. I used a pair of channelocks on the upper part of the thread just below the knob and my hand on the knob. I moved it clockwise to close. It moved right away and was easy from then on...was jammed fully open. Works good now.
Good Luck

I had to do this on a tractor I bought. First, make really sure what way it needs to go. On mine, the 3 point dropped really fast, so I knew it was fully open. I used a pair of channelocks on the upper part of the thread just below the knob and my hand on the knob. I moved it clockwise to close. It moved right away and was easy from then on...was jammed fully open. Works good now.
Good Luck
I was able to move it with a pipe wrench but it didn't loosen up any. Maybe I need to work it some more,

/ 3 pt hitch lowering knob stuck #6  
Squirt some lube down around the shaft and let it sit for a while. The knob on my L3200 had seized up after I hadn't used it in a long time and I couldn't turn it in either direction. I soaked it with some lube and tried again a few days later and was able to turn it by hand.

Squirt some lube down around the shaft and let it sit for a while. The knob on my L3200 had seized up after I hadn't used it in a long time and I couldn't turn it in either direction. I soaked it with some lube and tried again a few days later and was able to turn it by hand.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.