3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake

/ 3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake #1  

GeneV

Elite Member
Tractor
Bradley 48" stander MF GC1710
I found this vid while searching for ways people modify their ratchet rakes

/ 3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake #2  
A number of years ago I bought a RR... It wore out extremely fast. Not the tooth edge that is being used in the video. But the smaller tooth edge. I had a crushed bluestone driveway about 1200 feet long and it wore it down like 30 grit sandpaper on butter.

/ 3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake #3  
I never thought of using the ratchet rake on the rear blade. Nice find and probably best use for that purpose.

/ 3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake #4  
I bought one of these smaller pull behind Ratchet Rakes and am real pleased with the job it does. If it needs more weight, I stand on it while my wife drives the garden tractor. I also saw the video the OP is talking about and definitely would try the large RR on my rear blade. (y) Being able to angle the RR is a game-changer.

/ 3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake #5  
Not something I ever need to do again (level the gravel drive). I had millings installed this spring and vibrating roller compacted. All it needs now is an infrequent application of Roundup Max 5.

/ 3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake
A number of years ago I bought a RR... It wore out extremely fast. Not the tooth edge that is being used in the video. But the smaller tooth edge. I had a crushed bluestone driveway about 1200 feet long and it wore it down like 30 grit sandpaper on butter.
I mean, hardly a surprise though, right? 1200 ft of gravel would do that.

Yeh guys, I really like this idea too for leveling and prepping for seed. I know they make a towable version like Ruffdog has, but I already got mine which mounts on the loader. I'm thinking to modify my drawbar (which I never use), weld a lip on it so I could mount the RR on that. It would be really cool to make it a variable mount, so that I could attach it with the big teeth pointing down to level, and then flip it over and attach it so the little teeth point down...to really get the ground nice, and prepped for seeding.

/ 3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake #8  
Yeh guys, I really like this idea too for leveling and prepping for seed. I know they make a towable version like Ruffdog has, but I already got mine which mounts on the loader. I'm thinking to modify my drawbar (which I never use), weld a lip on it so I could mount the RR on that. It would be really cool to make it a variable mount, so that I could attach it with the big teeth pointing down to level, and then flip it over and attach it so the little teeth point down...to really get the ground nice, and prepped for seeding.
I just used the smaller pull behind RR to smooth out the garden and it did a great job. When done it would be ready for grass seed for sure! (y)

I just used the smaller pull behind RR to smooth out the garden and it did a great job. When done it would be ready for grass seed for sure! (y)
Oh yeh man for sure, I used that thing on the loader a bunch of times to rip out brush, bulldoze tire ruts, etc, and then smooth all that out for seeding.

For brush and tearing out saplings and stuff, I think it would still work best on the loader. But for ground management afterwards, I think pulled behind would work best, especially if you could first work it with the big teeth and then flip it over to use the little teeth. I'm starting to think up a fairly easy way to make that happen, actually!

PXL_20211002_204342992.MP.jpgIMG_20200819_164249.jpgIMG_20200615_162457.jpg

/ 3 pt hitch Ratchet Rake #10  
I mean, hardly a surprise though, right? 1200 ft of gravel would do that.
Maybe the steel wasn't properly hardened, especially if it was one of the small, thin tow behinds.