3 Pt Hookup Help

/ 3 Pt Hookup Help #11  
Del - I agree with you; it's pretty stupid to have an implement that won't sit up by itself and not put a stand on it by default. You'd think the things would pay for themselves just in increased sales - a blade or rake looks pretty stupid with the hitch end sitting on the ground.

Northern has a swing-down stand made for this sort of thing that works pretty well. You can either u-bolt it or weld it to the implement. At least then you don't have to carry around a separate jack stand all the time. A friend of mine gave me several of them not long ago and I put one on my 8' Series 35 blade (if that thing falls down, it takes the front end loader to get it back up) - now I just have to find the time to put the rest of them on.

Mark

/ 3 Pt Hookup Help #12  
Mark, I know we have talked about the Freedom Hitch a fair amount but I don't remember if you have to remove yours from the tractor when you hook up the backhoe? The only reason I don't get one is on my B21 I am sure you would have to remove the hitch for the backhoe. Is the tractor part of the Freedom Hitch hard to remove?

MarkV

/ 3 Pt Hookup Help #13  
Maybe you could find a way to attach a swing-away trailer jack to your rake. It will not cost much and will also make it easier to attach the rake to the 3pth.

/ 3 Pt Hookup Help #14  
Economic analysis:

Jack: $12.95
2 Cinder Blocks $1.60

Like the jack better, but I already have the 2 cinder blocks where the rake stores and would have to move them. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ 3 Pt Hookup Help #15  
MarkV, it's a 30-second job to remove the tractor section of the Freedom Hitch. It's just the 2 side link dad-burned razzin'-frazzin' !@#$ click-clips and a top link pin held in place by a hair-pin clip. In other words the same stuff you use to connect or disconnect a regular implement, only the tractor section is light enough to handle.

Yes, I do have to remove it when I put the backhoe on, but, as I say, it's a 30 second procedure. And with the Bradco, I don't have to remove the side links or any other part of the 3-point hitch, just swing the side links all the way toward center so they're out of the way of the backhoe subframe.

Mark

/ 3 Pt Hookup Help #16  
Mark, thanks for the info. I will take another look at the Freedom Hitch. I know what you mean about the clips. I have invented some new words getting them on and off. I sure do like how close my hoe sits to the tractor but would sure like to be able to leave the top and side links on. Have to remove all to attach my hoe. Always thought your hydraulic top and side link set up would be the perfect way to go. Been afraid it would be to much to remove when putting on the hoe.

Question for you. The B21 hydraulic pump output is 13.1 gpm, is that plenty for a hydraulic link system? Sure wish someone made a "bolt it on" kit.

/ 3 Pt Hookup Help #17  
MarkV - The Freedom Hitch is a little expensive, but it's definitely worth it, assuming your tractor is worth anything close to what you paid for it.

Actually, 2 gpm is plenty for 3-point hitch cylinders. My L4310HST only as 8 gpm or so of flow and I put flow restrictors on my cylinders so they won't move too fast for small adjustments.

Mark