3 pt. water tank

/ 3 pt. water tank #11  
I found a 300 gallon tote that had a food grade additive at one time. It has a big 8" cap with also a 2" pipe thread, and 2" pipe thread outlet with ball valve at the bottom. It is mounted within a galvanized tubing frame made out of 1/2" emt tubing, and it all mounts onto a a plastic pallet. For $40 it looked like a good deal.

Made a great forklift fork set for the FEL. see "Post your pictures of forks" The forks originally were set up for the 3pt hitch. Plenty of power to lift 300 gallons. The 3pt mount came off when I got a FEL and wanted the forks on the front. Now I want to add 3pt mount back on the forks so I can carry the tank when full.

When empty the plastic tote container pulls out of the pallet/frame. I figure I can clamp/tie the frame to the FEL forks and use it like a man basket. With the wife driving I think the self leveling FEL will help keep me inside.

I'll try to get a picture.

Jim

/ 3 pt. water tank #12  
If you have the luxury of scavenging a 55 gal drum with both ends still on, always cut the bottom off, instead of the top. That way, you can use the drain plugs in the bottom, or not, as suits you.

/ 3 pt. water tank #13  
I built a three point hitch mount for two 55 gallon drums, which works great on my Jinma 284. No problem lifting or holding both barrels full. Pictures are posted on the NYCTO site under Members Photos.

Also built pallet forks that go on the Koyker 160 loader. They will handle up to 1,000 lbs., but that kind of weight requires some strengthening of the bucket, and I have to put the water barrels on the back to keep the rear end down. Photos of the pallet forks (and a few other tinkerings) are all in the Member Photos at NYCTO. If someone could tell me how, I would be happy to post them in the various threads here, too.

/ 3 pt. water tank #14  
If my plans come true, I will be planting Oak seedlings that have been inoculated to grow truffles. I plan to use an old trailer made from a pickup bed and frame that I have, add a 250 gal "pickup tank" from TSC and use gravity feed. Let my wife run the tractor around while I sit on the tailgate watering. Could also park it and let gravity do the work.

/ 3 pt. water tank #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Looking to put a water tank on rear to water new trees.Getting tired of hauling by hand in 5 gal. buckets.Anybody done this,have any good ideas? )</font>

Apply a couple of gallons of diesel fuel to each tree and you won't have to bother with them any more. "Gee honey, all those trees you wanted died. Must be some type of blight or something."

Saves a lot of work.

Bill Tolle

/ 3 pt. water tank #16  
If you make it sturdy enough, you can use barrel carrier for counterweight. I built one for 2 55gal drums full of water and use it for carryall also. I guess it would make a decent waterer with a siphon setup or 12v pump.