Snow Attachments 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #11  
Also know that a 'leveled' blade at a 15 degree angle one way may not be level at the opposite 15 degrees.
Figure this out on a flat dry driveway before you start or you may find some unexpected digs by the leading corner when the blade is very new.
As the corners wear to round this will matter less.

It is a long time since I figured it out... I just "know" where my top link needs to be set, as I recall;
On flat level ground with the blade set straight across adjust the top link so that the main pivot axis leans back a bit, then adjust the side link so that it lands flat and even to the ground.
Check that at 15 and 30 degrees each way the rear corner lands first.
Things shouldn't be so tight that the front corner doesn't land at all, but if that is the case shorten the top link.

Good advice.

To take this geometry thing one step further, pay attention to the height of the lower hitch pins as well when you buy. This would be their height when the pivot pin is vertical. I bought a woods blade with a tall mold board/hitch pin height and had to return it. After setting it up so the pivot pin was vertical (as described by Reg), there wasn't much lift left on the 3 PH to raise the blade very high. You can't shorten the top link for extra lift because the pivot pin then goes out of vertical.

John

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #12  
King Kutter rear blades are fine as long as you get the Professional or the heavy duty series blades.
I have a 7' King Kutter Professional rear blade. Nice blade. Works good and holding up very well.

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #13  
Had a reg. King Cutter 5' blade and bent it twice on a 25hp machine....
Dont buy cheap, it is expensive in the long run (when you have to buy a new one :)