3 pts snow blower throw further

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #21  
One question is "why is ten feet not enough". Clearing a drive with a plow won't give you three feet. Perhaps expectations are set too lofty.

With that, I run my Meteor 60 inch blower on the 1000 rpm pto speed with the engine throttled back.
With a mechanical gear box, the lower engine speed gives a slower ground speed.

With dense and thick snow, I use the 540 rpm pto speed, with full engine rpm. The throw might be a few feet less, but either combination clears the drive and gets the volume of snow over the bank and out of the way.

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #22  
10 feet is fine for a drive, NOT so good for a parking area...

At least that's the problem I had at my house...

SR

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #23  
I have a Puma 64 and depending on the consistency of the snow, it throws between 20 and 30 feet. I added electric controls for the chute and it's a ton of fun. Here's a short video. You can get an idea of the distance it throws - the blower is roughly 5' wide and it's tossing the main stream of snow a good 4 or 5 blower widths. It has a good 1/4" gap between the impeller tips and the housing, but it doesn't seem to matter.

I do a couple parking lots and have found it easier to use the FEL and push if the snow needs to be re-blown more than once to get it off the lot due to the width of the lot. Unless the snow is super fluffy, it gets too dense to blow well after being "relocated" a few times. To get around this, I have cleared a path down the center of the lot, and then ran the blower from the center path toward the edges of the lot with the blower aimed straight behind the tractor.

Edit to add - not sure the vid works for others - it does for me.

Browser no longer supported

Maybe this?:

Browser no longer supported

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #24  
I have the same model blower and it throws the type of snow you described about 30-50 feet.

Looks like the responses here have covered most everything. I'll mention one that you and others may find a bit silly, but bears getting a mention. Are you running it with the chute deflector in a low or the lowest position? If and when I do this I get about a 10 foot throw distance.

I was going to ask same question. If the blower was delivered with the deflector angled and never moved :)

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #25  
A Kubota B2782B, on a B3350, chute lined with UHMW-PE, medium density snow. This uses mid-PTO (2500 RPM) but that's geared way down in the blower reduction drive.

Kubota snowblower - YouTube