300 hr service on a TC29D w/SS

/ 300 hr service on a TC29D w/SS #1  

stumpman

Tractor
TC29D
I just performed the 300 hr service on the TC29. My 14 year old son and I spent the better part of a day completing the service and going over all of the bolts, nuts and things. Nothing beats working on a tractor than working on it beside your son!

Everything went smoothly except 1 thing. Anyone else have a problem getting the glass (plastic) bowl on after changing the fuel filter? I was able to bend the oil stick a little bit to get the bowl, nut and filter into position, I then squeezed 2 fingers between the bowl and the housing and pushed the filter up into position. I hope that I got it in far enough! Does anyone have an easier method?

Thanks

/ 300 hr service on a TC29D w/SS #2  
<font color="blue">"Nothing beats working on a tractor than working on it beside your son! " </font>

A Wise Man! Cherish the time you spend with him, for there will be a day when he won't let you.

/ 300 hr service on a TC29D w/SS #3  
I slide the filter up in there first. The I work the bowl up to just where I can take my diesel fuel filled syringe and then I fill the bowl and then slide up and twist on. Sometimes I just get lazy and spill fuel all over. It gets my wife upset that the garage smells like diesel. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

murph

/ 300 hr service on a TC29D w/SS #4  
I use Murph's method except before I screw on the bowl I open the fuel valve to fill the plastic bowl before making the final connection. If I spill a little diesel out in the pole barn no one knows but me anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 300 hr service on a TC29D w/SS #5  
Pine,

I guess I should have stated that also. I do open the valve and let a little flow in. But there is still times I have to open the little hex screw on the pump to purge it out.

murph