300 loader - what are these holes for?

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for? #1  

Flywheel

Bronze Member
Tractor
I have a 300 loader on my 790 and was wondering what the holes at the top of the uprights are for. There is a large hole with a plastic grommet in it and a smaller hole - on both sides. I was thinking that you can tie the uprights together for stability of the loader???

I guess the grommet holes are for wiring?? Does JD make accessories that use these?? don't wanna miss out on anything!!

Also, has anybody ever made a bucket release with spring loaded pins that are controlled by a cable that you can just pull from the drivers seat? was thinking about this the other day - just pull the knob and release the bucket...

Thanks -

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for? #2  
I've wondered myself what the exact purpose of these Holes were? Does anybody know? Are they for auxillary wires or Hydraulic lines? Or where they part of the assembly line process for for being hung while painted? I really need to know myself what these holes are for?

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for? #3  
I saw a picture one time. it looked like thay was useing them to lift the loader.....:)

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for? #4  
This is a question more then a comment (since I don't have a 300 loader).
Those holes wouldn't be to allow access to the aft pivot grease fitting, would they?
There is a hole on each mast (upright) of the 419 loader for that. No grommets though...

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for?
No, they are up at the very top - on a flange that extends above the pivot....puzzling...

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for? #6  
Flywheel said:
No, they are up at the very top - on a flange that extends above the pivot....puzzling...

I guess a picture would help, but the way they're being described, I'd guess they're for lifting and/or tie down purposes during manufacture and shipping.
I take it the 300 manual doesn't make any note of those holes?

EDITED AFTER VIEWING MUXTER'S PICTURE:
Still a bit of a mystery...that grommet really throws me off. The other hole could have been used as a "hang hole" when the masts are being painted. My guess above may still apply and the grommet might protect the painted unit.
Why don't one of you guys ask your Dealer the next time you drop by?

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for? #7  
This is what they look like. My loader is in the parked position so the mast is not vertical.

Attachments

• MVC00379.JPG
    MVC00379.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 407
   / 300 loader - what are these holes for? #8  
I was told they are just shipping mounting points and that the dealer should have removed them

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for? #9  
I believe they are used to lift the loader during assembly. They do not arrive folded off like we normally see them.

/ 300 loader - what are these holes for? #10  
The small hole is where the loder is bolted to the pallet for shipping and the grommet is a spacer to prevent scratching the loader paint during shipping.

Mamasride029.jpg