$300 to load rear tires

/ $300 to load rear tires #41  
My dealer said his cost for using methanol is $120 for LS5030 sized tires. It is poisonous. It doesn't degrade, so if you spill some it will still be methanol when it finally trickles into your well water some time later. It's also easily absorbed through your skin. Think I'll spend extra to get something based on propylene glycol instead.

/ $300 to load rear tires #42  
You could always use ethanol and if thirsty just drink it for a feel good day.

/ $300 to load rear tires #43  
Ethanol does a great job of keeping the cup holder from freezing over!

/ $300 to load rear tires #44  
The last I had filled were with alcohol to prevent rusting when leaks occur but I do not know the price today. TSC did have -20F windshield washer fluid of $1.50 a gallon a couple weeks ago. 30 gallons per tire would give one about 500 pounds were it could give added traction.

/ $300 to load rear tires #45  
My dealer said his cost for using methanol is $120 for LS5030 sized tires. It is poisonous. It doesn't degrade, so if you spill some it will still be methanol when it finally trickles into your well water some time later. It's also easily absorbed through your skin. Think I'll spend extra to get something based on propylene glycol instead.
Methanol degrades rapidly in the environment. It has a half life of only a few days. I wouln't worry about using the dilute solution in the tires as long as it gives you the weight you want and the price is right. As someone else said, that is what your premix windshield fluid is.

/ $300 to load rear tires #46  
Downslope - You're correct about methanol degrading rapidly in the environment - thanks for setting me straight.