3000-20 cab upgrade

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #11  
I've had both, the Jodale Perry Cab, and of course now the John Deere 3720 Cab.
I will admit, Jodale Perry makes the best aftermarket cab out there, the closest thing you can get to having a factory cab. However it is still not a factory cab. For what you pay, (as nice as it is) it's still doesn't quite measure up to having a machine with the factory cab.

I had my Jodale Perry Boxer Cab, installed on my last tractor, John Deere 4200 HST. It was a very welcome installation, especially for me, because most of my longest hours are removing snow.

The Jodale Perry Cab was quite loud inside compared to the John Deere Cab. The John Deere Cab is totally isolated from the tractor hood. On The Jodale Perry you will have a good portion of that hood inside the cab with you. Sound will travel in towards the steering wheel.

Also I had to get a vertical exhaust for the Jodale Perry Cab, because of the fumes that were coming into the cab from underneath the tractor. I do have the vertical exhaust on the new tractor too, just my opinion, I like it much better. But it was very important on the Jodale Perry Cab.

Air Conditioning, The John Deere Wins! The Jodale Perry AC is very aftermarket, and an eyesore on a nice tractor.

Preasurization, The John Deere Wins... there is no preasurization on the Jodale Perry.... so dust and dirt will get in much worse than the Factory Cab.

Work Lights on Jodale Perry Cab were just as nice as the JD Factory Cab, however the Warning/Flasher Lights were very poor. They were very Fisher-Price (Toyish) to me... nothing like they should have been. Not very bright at all.

Controls- I can't see how they can be laid out much better than the factory Cab? I consider myself a very advanced operator, years and years of experience on tractors and full size backhoes etc. Sure the Cab controls felt different to me at first, but I got very used to them, and I'm sure I can operate the machine just as fluid like as the guy with the open station controls if not better, because of experience. (Make sure you have the Joystick lock in the Correct position) if not I can see how somebody wouldn't like this, after a while of use.

Blending funtions- YES I CAN RAISE AND DUMP LOADER AT THE SAME TIME (lots of people complained they couldn't but my machine can, and does all of the time). You will get used to the controls, trust me.. they feel different at first. That wasn't the hardest thing for me to get used to after my 4200. The hardest thing for me to get used to was by far the E-Hydro. Again only at first, I still like the old mechanical linkage the best because you had the feel.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the Fuel Cap on the fender (JD FACTORY CAB) is by far the easiest place to put it on any tractor, Open Station or Cab Tractor. This would be a nice addition to later model Open Station Tractor Too. The Fuel Cap on the hood looks like it would be somewhat of a PITA after you got a Jodale Perry Cab with the 3000 & 4000 Twenty series models. With my older 4200 it wasn't so bad because the Cap was further down the hood.

Just my opinions, from a guy who has had Jodale Perry and Now has JD Factory Cab, and uses the Machines a lot.

Last edited:
   / 3000-20 cab upgrade
Thanks for the input. The newer JP cabs look much nicer, but I fear they still lack a bit. I will look to find one to view in person. For now I know I want an open station base and will revisit the cab later.

As for the controls that's one of the first questions my dealer asked. I had already formulated my opinion, and believe it or not his was the same. I spoke with him again after he had used the machine at home to spread a load of gravel with the rear blade and his opinion was still the same. The rockshaft is either up or down. The open station has a nice long slot so a guy can feather it just a hair at a time.

The reason for all the vagueness of the controls is that they apparently are cable actuating the actual functions.

I'm far from an advanced operator, but I do have over 300hrs on mine. Mostly loader and 3 pt use. The controls are intuitive and have an excellent "feel" to them.

I've used an older Kubota with the joystick on the loader and that had poor feel.

I've used a Case 550E Long track dozer and that had excellent feel

I've used a Ford 555? backhoe and that had excellent feel.

The tractor cab just has the feel of an overly tight pivot with a lot of slop.

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #13  
I agree that the 3PH control is "shaky" but I wouldn't go as far as saying there are "two positions", mine has loosened up since new and if you have a little patience you can put the bade were you need it. After getting used to it i really like the FEL control as I can rest my arm on the armrest while operating.

I miss the open station a little but the comfort of the cab more then makes up for it.

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #14  
My PTO Control is nice and smooth. A little WD40 and it is very smooth, and it would also help to set your DROP VALVE. If I have my Rate of Drop opened all the way with heavier implements it will feel shakey. If I close it halfway or more it is very smooth. Something to think about. Like I said before the controls do feel a little different at first. But you will get used to them in a very short time. I Did.

But I do know this, There is no way I would ever give up the Cab for an Open Station Tractor ever again. It is too FREAKIN AWESOME! I'm done getting Frozen to the bone, Done gettin' Hot, Done Getting Stung, Done Getting Dirtier than I have too (Especially If I just want to do something quick that's not worth getting dirty for)...

Say what you want about the controls, but I got over my stubbornous ways very quick, and can do everything as good as an open station machine.

/ 3000-20 cab upgrade #15  
I meant to say my 3 Point Hitch Draft Control, not PTO Control.... oops