300cx FEL curl hydraulics aren't "solid"

/ 300cx FEL curl hydraulics aren't "solid" #1  

600xc4me

Tractor
JD 3320
Anyone else's front end loader do this? When I curl my bucket down to dump, then straighten it and drop it to back blade or level, it's like my curl cylinders are on float? If I curl my bucket back and forth a few times it becomes solid. I took a video of it the other day when I was moving some snow with my grapple lol had been making firewood that day and was to lazy to take the grapple off. Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5p0CNw10iKw

/ 300cx FEL curl hydraulics aren't "solid" #2  
Watched the video, but couldn't tell what you were doing with the control at the time, so not much help.

Do you know about the regenerative circuit.. that is for the fast dump ? Messes ones mind up sometimes...

/ 300cx FEL curl hydraulics aren't "solid"
All I was doing there was going straight up and down with the loader, didn't tilt at all, that's how loose the bucket is till I curl it back and forth for a while. No can't say I have heard of that?

/ 300cx FEL curl hydraulics aren't "solid" #4  
Other tractors do that as well, in fact there's another thread running now in the LS section regarding the "limp" bucket.

IIRC the culprit is that when you fast dump, the hydraulic pump can't keep up with the rate of the fluid leaving the cylinders.

Oh serious, I see. Sure is annoying! I'm used to running skids steers, with production. Having to wait to get it solid sucks. I don't have time to curl back and forth till its solid. Anything a guy can do about it other than dumping slower? It dumps plenty slow enough as is.

/ 300cx FEL curl hydraulics aren't "solid" #6  
Yeah I know, my Massey has fast hydraulics compared to most machines in the segment... Yet feels like a snail after I've been running my track loader.

I hear ya. I checked out the other forum, apparently a flow restrictor helps the issue. Once I get time to tinker on the tractor I'll have to try installing one, won't speed anything up, but if I can get rid of the slop I'll be a happy camper. All this slop makes the thing feel old and worn out. Which it by no means is with under 250 hrs.

/ 300cx FEL curl hydraulics aren't "solid" #8  
How many RPMs were you running? Maybe more RPMs would help, if I understood the problem correctly. It surely won't be as firm as a skidsteer.

It'll do it anywhere from 1200-2000. I normally run it at about 1500 rpm when I'm doing loader work. I'm sure not expecting skid steer capabilities. Although it can pretty well do anything a skid steer can, just slower. But I would like to be rid of the slop. If you watch the video it's pretty ridiculous.

/ 300cx FEL curl hydraulics aren't "solid" #10  
Question.. are the lines hooked up so forward on the stick is down and back is up (raise) ? Or is forward and back hooked to the tilt? Just need to ask... to be certain in your case.

The regenerative circuit is for dumping fast on the tilt. Doesn't sound like you are tilting..

But check out the lines to the grapple, and be sure they are hooked right. As well, uncouple and couple the hyd quick couplings to be sure they are engaged.