3015 HST trans hydraulic fluid?

/ 3015 HST trans hydraulic fluid? #1  

UpNorthWi

I have a 2006 3015 HST and was wanting to know what transmission hydraulic fluid I should use in it. Also, I've seen 1 manual say 19 quarts and another say 24 quarts. How much does it take?

/ 3015 HST trans hydraulic fluid? #2  
There may be a sticker behind the seat that will tell the capacities for that specific tractor. The manual says 23.2 US quarts and 19.4 Imperial quarts. So 24 is probably the correct number.

As for the type of fluid, that's a personal choice as long as it's a reputable oil.

/ 3015 HST trans hydraulic fluid?
There may be a sticker behind the seat that will tell the capacities for that specific tractor. The manual says 23.2 US quarts and 19.4 Imperial quarts. So 24 is probably the correct number.

As for the type of fluid, that's a personal choice as long as it's a reputable oil.
Thanks. No sticker, or at least anymore. I always had it done and after the last time it seemed to have a bit of a whine when you start moving, so I've been curious if the guy put the right oil in it. I think I'll go with the Mobil Delvac, that's supposed to be the Mobil 424 they called for in the manual. I also had emailed Mahindra and they just said "use any universal tractor transmission fluid". I don't know if all are equal or not. I've read some are for really old tractors, some for older tractors and some for the newer tractors, I didn't expect to hear use any universal. I'll ask you another question if you have the answer, Mahindra says use the same fluid in the front axle, the chart says transmission and front axle, but the manual says SAE 85W-140 gear oil. So, what goes in the front axle? I'd assume the gear oil and not hydraulic oil?

/ 3015 HST trans hydraulic fluid? #4  
I decided to run TSC UTF since it meets the needed ratings and is locally available.

Front axle oil is another personal choice. It comes with Trans Fluid, but gear oil works also.

Last edited: