3030 axle extensions

/ 3030 axle extensions #11  
The #1 thing on my B3030 factory wish list, would be adjustable rear tread. I guess you cant have everything. My #2 wish would be that they replace the standard seat with a flat rock!! :D

/ 3030 axle extensions #12  
dirtworksequip said:
Also I figured it was cheaper to take a chance with the wheel extensions and on some extra bearing wear than to have $25,000 laying on its side.

Thats one way of looking at it. Not running sideways on a slope is another...:D

/ 3030 axle extensions #13  
I've Kubota spacers on my B3030 from the beginning (installed by the dealer before delivery). Why? Because my turf tires were a bit too tight near the fender well. My spacers are thinner than other TBNers though... I think they are 1.5" each. I'm happy like that because I wouldn't want the width of the rear wheels larger than my bucket or MMM (60").

/ 3030 axle extensions #14  
asmithcars said:
I too wanted more stability on hills with my B3030. I bought a set of rear wheel extensions, part #B8785, from my Kubota dealer. .....................

Do you notice increased stability with the spacers?
I've been thinking about adding spacers. Would love to hear your opinion of them.

/ 3030 axle extensions #15  
dirtworksequip said:
CWB, a company called Unverferth makes wheel extensions for just about any tractor, if they are not stock extensions they will fabricate custom ones for you. You can just about get anything you want. The stock extensions are not too bad price wise,but custom ones run about double the price.

How much were yours?

/ 3030 axle extensions #16  
dirtworksequip said:
Also I figured it was cheaper to take a chance with the wheel extensions and on some extra bearing wear than to have $25,000 laying on its side.

While I may agree the bearing wear might not be a big deal, if you are that worried about laying a tractor over, then as someone mentioned, you are mowing wrong or you have the wrong tractor for the job.

/ 3030 axle extensions #17  
RobJ said:
While I may agree the bearing wear might not be a big deal, if you are that worried about laying a tractor over, then as someone mentioned, you are mowing wrong or you have the wrong tractor for the job.
OUTRIGGERS! Like they bolt onto test cars that they TRY and roll over. Ive got a "gentle" slope here on the property. ( also one thats a SOB...lol) and just going up and down FWD..on the gentle one told me I aint EVER going sideways on ANY slope!

/ 3030 axle extensions #18  
stop it sully!!! it's to early for outriggers to be mentioned. :D I remember a long thread about those a while back. heck if you have a lot of trees if i recall...... :D

/ 3030 axle extensions #19  
RobJ said:
stop it sully!!! it's to early for outriggers to be mentioned. :D I remember a long thread about those a while back. heck if you have a lot of trees if i recall...... :D
Nothing BUT trees...and a STEEP....DEEP...ravine that divides my property. The sides of it are steep enough you have to hold onto the trees to climb up it...:eek:....definately NOT tractor material at all...