3039R Air Ride seat problem.....

/ 3039R Air Ride seat problem..... #1  

letour93

Tractor
JD3320
Good morning everyone, spent the night clearing out a nasty spring snowfall/ice storm in southern Ontario. While wrapping up the last little bit of removal noticed my air seat in the 3039R was not working. Push the button and nothing. Checked fuses look good. Was working fine earlier in the day but no luck now. Can't seem to find anything online as to the replacement of the compressor which I just got priced out at my dealer $500.00. Can't believe the cost so was looking to replace it myself. Has anyone done this before and how difficult is it? Would love to see a schematic if anyone has one. I'm assuming the seat will need to come right out of the cab again is this a real pain to get out?

Much appreciate any feedback.

/ 3039R Air Ride seat problem..... #2  
That was a nasty ice storm for sure, never had anything like it before. Can't plow it or blow it.

Anyways try Princess Auto or Bryan's Farm Equipment in Puslinch they might be able to get you a replacement part. You can buy a complete seat with air suspension for $610
Replacement Seats

There's another tractor parts dealer your way I don't know what their pricing is like. I was pricing out a grammar seat base and I wanted to check them out in person
www.fawcett.cc/assets/uploads/pdf/parts/seats/agindseats.pdf

Let us know how it goes

/ 3039R Air Ride seat problem.....
Awesome thanks so much didn't even think about Princess Auto...It was a nasty storm. Had to clear 1500' of driveway uphill. It was so heavy and wet did a little pushing and got the blower mounted once again in mid-April have to love a Canadian spring.

/ 3039R Air Ride seat problem..... #4  
We ended up with 6 inches of snow/ice pellets that froze into a solid block of ice. My tractor and cars were driving on top of the snow without sinking. Then it turned into thick ice-slush and I'm struggling driving anywhere even in 4WD. Keeps driving up and over then breaking through, kind of like an ice-breaker ship riding up and over on thick ice before punching through. Bucking bronco. Bucket and snow blower keep riding up and over the snow or digging in and ripping up the semi frozen gravel driveway underneath. Lots of broken branches and trees from 1 inch of ice coating them. Never experienced anything like this before.

At least I'm warm and toasty in the new cab!

Exactly....was open cabbed for many years and back in 2014 my wife surprised me with the cab as she was tired of seeing me come inside looking like a block of ice after blowing snow. Anyhow, thanks again for the advice checked out Princess Auto yesterday and sure enough brand new seat and probably a better one at that just under $700. Suspension and all. Hopefully when this weather turns around I can get back into the cab and have a better look. Spoke to service at JD yesterday and they said most likely a severed wire as they have not had to replace a compressor yet in such a new ride. Fingers crossed just need to figure out how I can get in there to inspect.

/ 3039R Air Ride seat problem..... #6  
You are lucky! My wife told me my new cab was the dog house and I should sleep in my cab for buying it...;-)

Ouch....quick question on the seat once again before I post once again. Had a look at the one I have currently wanted to take the boot off around the base but unfortunately with the air out the seat is in the full down position. That said I ca't get to anything including the push in tabs to remove the boot and or the four bolts to remove the seat altogether. Did not try last evening but can the seat be pulled up manually with someones help to get to everything?

/ 3039R Air Ride seat problem..... #8  
Confusing when you start a second post regards the same problem..