3039R....engine frame broke!,,,

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #41  
Yeah thanks for causing me to worry and I was having a calm weekend.........

You're fine. Don't worry about it. Kubota and JD tractors tend to lift a decent amount less than the Korean competitors, so it also doesn't get anywhere the stress the other brands get.

For instance, your Kubota loader lifts around 1140 lbs (according to tractordata) at full height, while the Branson equivalent will lift 2200lbs and the LS equivalent lift 2170 lbs.

In before I get smacked from some Kubota owners, yes, I know newer Kubota tractors lift more, but still about 400+ lbs short than the others.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #42  
You're fine. Don't worry about it. Kubota and JD tractors tend to lift a decent amount less than the Korean competitors, so it also doesn't get anywhere the stress the other brands get.

For instance, your Kubota loader lifts around 1140 lbs (according to tractordata) at full height, while the Branson equivalent will lift 2200lbs and the LS equivalent lift 2170 lbs.

In before I get smacked from some Kubota owners, yes, I know newer Kubota tractors lift more, but still about 400+ lbs short than the others.

It certainly doesn't hurt to check FEL mounting bolts and even pivot points every so often, On any brand

Just finished getting Hay in for the year and when I went to grease the tractor Found I had snapped the left main lift cylinder bolt at the lower end about 1/2 the bolt was missing.

In the tractors defense, I had moved about 40 1275 lb square bales over rough ground and also stacked them.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #43  
It certainly doesn't hurt to check FEL mounting bolts and even pivot points every so often.
Just finished getting Hay in for the year and when I went to grease the tractor Found I had snapped the left main lift cylinder bolt at the lower end about 1/2 the bolt was missing.
in the tractors defense,bI had moved about 40 1275 lb square bales over rough ground.

Yes, I totally agree. Those bolts for the mounts have to handle lots of stress and will eventually get loose over time.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #44  

You still made me nervous so today I went and checked out the FEL mount, seems like all is good to me. That bucket of dirt is all this tractor will lift to almost full height so thats good enough for me but I think you are right about FEL mounts, it's all bolted to the bell housing on Kubotas and like you said thes tractors should break in half for what they lift so I dont maybe Kubota has it figured out. I never touched the bolts but they are still all tight and the fan blade is not hitting the tractor, yet, now stop scaring me................
jLhmvhph.jpg

Nkehd66h.jpg

wWomQEPh.jpg

9iUXXdph.jpg

Now I just like to say good luck to those with broken frames, hopefully they get them repaired better then original.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #45  
You still made me nervous so today I went and checked out the FEL mount, seems like all is good to me. That bucket of dirt is all this tractor will lift to almost full height so thats good enough for me but I think you are right about FEL mounts, it's all bolted to the bell housing on Kubotas and like you said thes tractors should break in half for what they lift so I dont maybe Kubota has it figured out. I never touched the bolts but they are still all tight and the fan blade is not hitting the tractor, yet, now stop scaring me................

Now I just like to say good luck to those with broken frames, hopefully they get them repaired better then original.

I wouldn't still worry much about it.

The loader mounts, the way you have it, tie the engine block and subframe (that supports the front axle) to the bell housing, basically making it one solid unit. Then, you still have the cross bars under the tractor going to the back axle, which further tied everything together.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #46  
No, both sides are about identical. Crack coming up from the bottom. Almost half way through the frame. The giveaway is you'll hear the fan blade rub the shroud when you start lifting loads. You may want to talk to your dealer, mine made it sound like LS was giving away the brackets that extend the loader mount to the next hole in the frame. I bought my tractor in 2014, so I bet yours frame is like mine.

Ok Thank you will do

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #47  

Need to look at the max height too -- Kubota often goes 10-12" higher than other brands. LS in particular is known for real stubby loader arms and won't lift as high. If you have the loader chart for the various brands you can compare them at equivalent heights to get a better idea.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #48  
Need to look at the max height too -- Kubota often goes 10-12" higher than other brands. LS in particular is known for real stubby loader arms and won't lift as high. If you have the loader chart for the various brands you can compare them at equivalent heights to get a better idea.

Yes, LS will have a lower max height (93"). But Branson will do 104" and Kubota 105" with the LA805 loader or 93" with the LA555 loader. It's still not that far off.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #49  

Scared me too since I have a G3038. I checked mine, no cracks! But then, I suspect you'd have to lift something heavy to crack it. Most mine has done is about 800 lbs.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #50  
Scared me too since I have a G3038. I checked mine, no cracks! But then, I suspect you'd have to lift something heavy to crack it. Most mine has done is about 800 lbs.
Yes, these LS horror stories must be more unnerving, no one wants a crack frame so I guess its just one more thing to keep a eye out for. But I never gave my FEL frame a second thought til this post, I always focused on the front end axle housing and or outer drive knuckles, like when I get a bucket dirt is my front axle housing going to snap in-half or my outer drive knuckles going to someday make that dreaded snapping noise, so then I come this thread ptsg gets us all nervous about something else