3130 Hydrostat Steering

/ 3130 Hydrostat Steering #1  

b75matt

Tractor
Kubota L2900 / Farmall Super H
I have been helping a friend of mine who recently purchased a used (and abused) 3130 Hydrostat (3130D ?) It look like it was used to load road salt or something since the whole thing has big rust issues (which explains the cheap purchase price) The problem we are trying to figure out is the power steering seems to be inop. all the other hydraulic function work normally, fluid is recently changed and full. it went , in a short period of time, from working well, deteriorating to a point where it takes a strong man two hands to steer it. It looks to have a steering cylinder mounted on the front of the axle (its a 4x4 tractor) . Just not sure if we need a new steering cylinder or which way to go with it.

Thanks

Matt

/ 3130 Hydrostat Steering #2  
Hydraulic pump is 2 section, one section feeds loader and 3 point, other section feeds steering and transmission. Think there is a type of regulating valve on the pump for the steering. Hard steering can be not enough fluid, bad pump or controller problems.

Steering and Hydraulic sections in WSM give flow chart for diagnosing.

Make sure you have enough fluid and pump is primed Super UDT is needed in this tractor for best operation. If the steering wheel keeps turning at either left or right lock I would suspect cylinder seals, but hard turning is no pump flow, bad regulator valve or bad steering valve.

Grab WSM here

http://www.kubota.cz/data/manualy/l-30-wsm-en.pdf

David