3135 won't start

/ 3135 won't start #1  

Tymanthius

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3135
I was trying to put the back hoe on a couple of days ago, when it slipped off and fell maybe 6" and the tractor suddenly died.

Now, and immediately after, tractor won't start.

Turn the key on, lights and electronics come on, turn the key and starter never even engages. Can't believe it's just a dead battery.

My guess is some sort of safety device tripped, but I don't know which one, or where to check.

Any thoughts guys?

/ 3135 won't start #2  
Try to think more about what the back hoe may have hit when it fell. Maybe the seat switch? You don't have the PTO switch accidentally in the "ON" position??? Based upon the info provided, I, too, would lean toward a safety or PTO engaged prior to start.

/ 3135 won't start
Try to think more about what the back hoe may have hit when it fell. Maybe the seat switch? You don't have the PTO switch accidentally in the "ON" position??? Based upon the info provided, I, too, would lean toward a safety or PTO engaged prior to start.

I found it, and I don't think the backhoe hit anything directly, but rather just the jarring of the whole tractor did it.

I kept searching and discovered there is a switch for the HST pedals, and a lever/bar that is supposed to sit on it when they are in the N position. It's off by maybe an inch? But there is NO way the BH could have hit it directly w/o MAJOR other damage. So i think it probably had been shifted by debris over time, and this was just last push.

I'll get under it this weekend w/ a crowbar and see if I can push the lever back in place. If not, I may just bypass it. Not my preference, but I need it to run.