316 no hydrolics

/ 316 no hydrolics #11  
You say you put a Cat 1.1 in it. You would have had to contect the drive shaft to the end with the fan and waterpump. If you look at a Cub or a Kubota with the diesel engine you'll see that they all drive the trans from the front of the engine. Actualy even the gas engine you took out was doing the same thing. I just hope you didn't run it very long the way you have it or you may have fried the pump from running it backwards.

/ 316 no hydrolics #12  
Actualy even the gas engine you took out was doing the same thing.

If it had an Onan,which I assume it did. The driveshaft is connected to the flywheel. You're saying that is the front of the engine?

Greg

/ 316 no hydrolics #13  
One other thing I forgot to mention, if you rotate the charge pump and it works you have a very slow forward but you'll go like H--L in reverse. If it was me I'd pull the engine and turn it around. Post some pics of what you did and I'll see if I can help you out.

/ 316 no hydrolics
thanks, i will look into it and see what i can do. if i have to i will build a gear box.

/ 316 no hydrolics
You say you put a Cat 1.1 in it. You would have had to contect the drive shaft to the end with the fan and waterpump. If you look at a Cub or a Kubota with the diesel engine you'll see that they all drive the trans from the front of the engine. Actualy even the gas engine you took out was doing the same thing. I just hope you didn't run it very long the way you have it or you may have fried the pump from running it backwards.

i didnt run it very long at all but knowing my luck i burnt it out in just a very short time lol

/ 316 no hydrolics #16  
your serious? the new engine rotates counter clockwise. when the engine blew i scrapped it soon after. then 2 years later which is now i put the engine in. so i figured 50/50 chance. any way i could change the pumps position to make it work?

No, not at all.

If the engine is turning the wrong way you need to turn it around.