320 garden tractor

/ 320 garden tractor #21  
JB4310 said:
Looks nice, you even had the chrome hub caps, I'll check out that site, did you have any other attachments? and did yours give a little puff of blue smoke at start up when cold? Thanks, JB

Very light puff of blue smoke on cold start up that quickly went away...I sold it to a guy who had a JD265 lawn and garden tractor and wanted the 320 for the hydraulic lift. He already had the front blade, snow blower and cab for his 265 that also fits the 320.

/ 320 garden tractor #22  
JB4310,
I used to change the steering link around each season. But have left in the snowblower position for the last few years. It does seem to help with extra wieght fo the snowblower, and I don't think there is any affect without it.
On a cold start when I have to choke it there is a bunch of white smoke, it has been like from the begining.
I really have used this tractor hard and it keeps on going. I have noticed some sloppiness in the hydrostatic drive when in neutral and the locking pedal has become loose this year (13th year). I am sure that this is routine maintenance. So now I am looking for a shop manual....Can anyone help?
Martin

/ 320 garden tractor
MartinWNY said:
JB4310,
I used to change the steering link around each season. But have left in the snowblower position for the last few years. It does seem to help with extra wieght fo the snowblower, and I don't think there is any affect without it.
On a cold start when I have to choke it there is a bunch of white smoke, it has been like from the begining.
I really have used this tractor hard and it keeps on going. I have noticed some sloppiness in the hydrostatic drive when in neutral and the locking pedal has become loose this year (13th year). I am sure that this is routine maintenance. So now I am looking for a shop manual....Can anyone help?
Martin

I have the owners manual, what do you need to find? how to adjust the pedal? have you ever changed the hydro filters and fluid? JB.

/ 320 garden tractor #24  
JB4310

One thing you will want to do is make a bigger shoe for the blade or you will be plowing a lot of stones out of your driveway in to the grass.

I took the stock ones and welded 4 x 6 inch pf plate to them and bent the leading and trailing edges up about 1" it will still sink in stones nut no were as bad as stock shoes they were made for pavement in my opinion.

tom

/ 320 garden tractor
tommu56 said:
JB4310

One thing you will want to do is make a bigger shoe for the blade or you will be plowing a lot of stones out of your driveway in to the grass.

I took the stock ones and welded 4 x 6 inch pf plate to them and bent the leading and trailing edges up about 1" it will still sink in stones nut no were as bad as stock shoes they were made for pavement in my opinion.

tom

I don't plan on using this on the gravel areas, only on the paved part of my drive way and about 600' of town sidewalk in front of my house and a few of the neighbors.
I do have a lot of gravel drive and yard areas that are a PITA, I have a rear blade that I pull with the blade reversed but I still have a lot of raking in the spring.
I was never a big fan of plow shoes, even on my truck plows, I just took them off most of the time so it would scrape down clean, I know it wears the blade down quicker though. JB.

/ 320 garden tractor #26  
JB, Thanks for the offer. I have the owner's manual also. I was hoping to find something more comprehensive, getting down to the nuts and bolts. If I find anything I will post it here.
Martin

/ 320 garden tractor #27  
Nice 320. I would have bought it in a minute. I have the front blade for mine and it works great with the weights and chains. I plan on giving it some overdue TLC this winter. I also would like to have the shop manual. Let us know if you find a source, and I'll do the same.

/ 320 garden tractor #28  
I have the 320 also. It has always puffed a little on startup, but doesn't use any oil. The only issue I had was replacing the lower seal 2 years ago. It has the 48' deck andsnowblower along with chains and wheel weights. Has been a very good machin, but I finally moved to a larger tractor with loader and am putting this up for sale.

/ 320 garden tractor
A follow up long over due, this tractor makes mowing almost fun and after getting a chance to try it in the snow I'm very happy. those were the two things I needed it for, I was a little worried about the plowing since it doesn't have posi traction, but with the weights and chains it does an excellent job. note the suit case weights on the rear, as well as wheel weights.

Attachments

• DSCN0376 (1136 x 852).jpg
    DSCN0376 (1136 x 852).jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 1,464
  • DSCN0378 (1136 x 852).jpg
    DSCN0378 (1136 x 852).jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 1,460
   / 320 garden tractor #30  
JB4310 said:
A follow up long over due, this tractor makes mowing almost fun and after getting a chance to try it in the snow I'm very happy. those were the two things I needed it for, I was a little worried about the plowing since it doesn't have posi traction, but with the weights and chains it does an excellent job. note the suit case weights on the rear, as well as wheel weights.

Beautiful set up you have there. I've always wondered why Deere decided to not offer the hydraulic plow angling feature of the old 300 series on it's newer models. That would be the one thing I would dearly want to have.